Clinical Teaching and Learning Experiences
A Resource Collection to Support Innovations in Health Professions Education
Designed by diverse educators, this working collection features clinical learning experiences, which can be readily used or easily adapted for specific, local settings. The collection is actively used by thousands of medical educators around the world.
Initially launched in response to the COVID-19 pandemic’s significant impact on the teaching and learning of health professionals, this open repository of curated resources is intended to complement MedEdPORTAL’s collection on virtual learning and the special edition of Building Better Curriculum series on learning remotely.
Submit your resources for the next phase of this collection
As this collection continues to grow and evolve beyond the pandemic, we seek new teaching and learning experiences across both virtual and in-person settings. All submissions are welcome but innovations on these topics are of particular interest: (1) diversity, equity, and inclusion, including antiracism; (2) quality improvement and patient safety; and (3) telehealth.
- Self-Directed Learning (31)
- Independent Learning (12)
- Case-Based Instruction/Learning (10)
- Lecture (9)
- Patient Presentation – Faculty (3)
- Patient Presentation – Learner (3)
- Clinical Experience – Ambulatory (2)
- Discussion, Small Group [≤12] (2)
- Patient Presentation – Patient (2)
- Problem-Based Learning (PBL) (2)
- Service Learning Activity (2)
- Simulation (1)
- Tutorial (1)