Group on Institutional Planning (GIP)
The primary mission of the AAMC’s Group on Institutional Planning (GIP) is to advance the discipline of planning in academic medicine by enhancing the skills and knowledge of professional planners, promote the value of planning, and connect people, resources, and ideas.
- GIP Toolkit (PDF)
- GIP Orientation Guide (PDF)
- Data Resources for Institutional Planners
- New Buildings
- Virtual Tours Playlist
- Capital Investment Data
Webinars and Related Materials
- Facilitation - An Invaluable Skill Set to Achieve Organization's Success
- Financing the Academic Mission: How Medical Schools Work
- Making a Bold Move: Learn How Two Medical Schools Plan to Relocate Their Campuses to Downtown Sites
- Physicians Compensation Strategies and Approaches in a Changing Environment
- Managing the Transition From Fee-For-Service to Population Health Management
- The Use of Data in Master Planning
- Resources for Communicating Your Strategic Plan: To Enlighten, Convince, Motivate, and Align
- Data Governance in Academic Medicine
Guide to the Group on Institutional Planning
Rules and Regulations
Official governance and administration information for members of the Group on Institutional Planning.
Distinguished Service Award
The Distinguished Service Award program was created to recognize the contributions of members (current and/or former) of the GIP who, by virtue of their effort and service, have contributed significantly to the advancement of the mission of the GIP.
Connect with other members of the Group on Institutional Planning and stay informed on group news and priorities.
AAMC Mailing Lists
AAMC mailing lists are available for sharing valuable information and resources with our member institutions and constituents.
My AAMC Affinity Groups
View your AAMC Affinity Group participation including other members of your active Groups via the My AAMC Affinity Group page. Sign in required.