Initially created as the ad hoc GSA Committee on Medical Licensure in 1996, the renamed Committee on Student Records (COSR) was elevated to a regular standing committee of the GSA in 1998. GSA-COSR seeks to:
- Discuss matters of national interest brought forward from GSA constituents or AAMC staff;
- Assist COSR constituents with the interpretation and application of laws, regulations and school standards in regards to the maintenance of academic record;
- Increase the awareness of best practices for record retention and disposal in the medical school setting;
- Provide programming and publications that assist records professionals in their duties, including maintaining the integrity of academic records;
- Promote professional development opportunities for medical school student records administrators; and
- Collaborate with GSA leadership on matters that involve and/or impact the work of student records administrators.
Message from the Chair
Welcome to the Committee on Student Records (COSR).
I am honored and excited to serve the AAMC and my fellow records and registrar colleagues as the chair of COSR. The role of COSR is to represent and provide opportunities for professional development for medical school student records administrators (a.k.a., registrars) who are based in medical schools or elsewhere in their parent institutions. Our group has a long history of providing leadership to the GSA community in recommending best operating practices for the management of student records.
The committee consists of:
- The chair
- One representative from each of the four GSA regional organizations (Northeast, Central, Southern, and Western)
- An OSR student representative
- A representative from the GSA Committee on Student Diversity Affairs (COSDA)
- The Immediate Past GSA National Chair
As medical education evolves, so must the roles and responsibilities of the administrators that support medical schools and manage enrollment. Our current initiatives for COSR are in consonance with the national conversation occurring in undergraduate medical education. Some of our current initiatives include:
- Formation of a visiting student work group to address the complexities of applying for and completing extramural electives faced by medical students and records administrators.
- Understanding the role and the contributions of the registrar in the school accreditation process.
- Informing policies and procedures for managing medical student enrollment (good standing, satisfactory academic progress, retention).
I invite you to become involved with COSR. The committee host quarterly conference calls to discuss the progress of current initiatives and engage in discussion about "hot topics" within the registrar community.
On behalf of the members of the COSR, we look forward to working with you and please don't hesitate to contact me or your regional representative if we can be of assistance.
Teresa L. Cook, MEd Director of Student Affairs/Registrar Keck School of Medicine of USC
(Sign In Required for Some Resources)
- COSR Visiting Student Status Document (Sign In required)
- COSR presentations at 2019 GSA Regional Meetings
COSR Committee Roster
Teresa Cook, MEd (April 2016 – November 2020)
Director, Medical Education Administration
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
Immediate Past Chair
Wanda Dean Lipscomb, PhD (November 2019 –November 2020)
Associate Dean for Student Affairs
Senior Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion
Associate Professor of Psychiatry
Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
Committee on Student Diversity Affairs (COSDA) Representative
Sandra Mingo (May 2018 – November 2021)
COM and Visiting Student Coordinator
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine
COSR Liaison to the Committee on Student Financial Assistance (COSFA)
Kris Slaney, MBA (November 2019 – November 2020)
Director of Student Records/Registrar
University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona
Committee on Student Financial Assistance (COSFA) Liaison to COSR
Marissa Miles, MA (November 2019 – November 2020)
Director of Financial Aid
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Central Region (CGSA) Representative
Barbara Gadzinski (June 2017 – November 2020)
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Northeastern Region (NEGSA) Representative
Annalise Ellis, MHA (July 2018 – November 2021)
Director of Faculty Affairs and Student Records
Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
Southern Region (SGSA) Representative
Alisha Corsi (November 2018 – November 2021)
University of Central Florida College of Medicine
Western Region (WGSA) Representative
Davette De La O-Sandoval, MBA (November 2019-November 2022)
Manager of Student Success
University of New Mexico School of Medicine
Organization of Student Representatives (OSR) Liaison
Lior Levy (May 2020- May 2021)
New York Medical College