Group on Faculty Practice (GFP)
The Group on Faculty Practice works to advance the clinical mission of academic medical centers through the development of policies and models that embrace the fundamental importance of the faculty practice in health care delivery, with a focus on clinical care and improving the health of their communities. It is composed of physician leaders and administrative executives from both medical school and hospital-based faculty practice plans.
Data and Reports
- The Future of Telehealth: Congress Must Extend the Current Flexibilities to Ensure Access to Care
- A Patient-Centered Approach to Optimizing Ambulatory Access: Insights From Leaders in Academic Medicine
- AAMC Member Teaching Hospitals COVID-19 Survey Results
- Telehealth Competencies Across the Learning Continuum
- AAMC Faculty Salary Report
- State Physician Workforce Data Report
- Impact of COVID-19 on Physician Workforce (PDF)
- Next-Generation Funds Flow Models: Enhancing Academic Health System Alignment (Future of Academic Medicine Series)
- Clinical Practice Solutions Center
- AAMC Faculty Practice Plan Survey
- Generating Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner Demand-Effect Ratios for Physician Workforce Projections
- An Update on Physician Compensation Methodologies in Academic Medical Centers
- Academic Health Center of the Future-Organizational Structure; Service Lines or Departments?
- Aligning Faculty with Non-Academic Physicians Across One System of Care
- The Future of Telehealth: How Teaching Hospitals Continue to Expand Access to Care
- The Burden of Post-acute Sequelae of COVID-19 (PASC) and Implications for Health Care Leaders and Systems
- Understanding the Impact of COVID-19 on Physician Compensation
- Webinar on Medical Directorships
Guide to the Group on Faculty Practice
About GFP and Membership
The Group on Faculty Practice (GFP) is composed of physician leaders and administrative executives from medical school-affiliated faculty practice plans. The GFP works to advance the clinical mission of academic medical centers.
Medical school deans or hospital/health system CEOs may appoint up to four GFP representatives: the highest-ranking physician leader involved in governance/leadership of the faculty practice plan; and one senior executive, non-physician leader from the practice plan's administrative operation. Two additional appointments (both physician and non-physician) can be made to the GFP. For more information on who should be appointed to the GFP, please review these membership guidelines.
Meet the Staff
Ivy Baer, JD, MPH
Senior Director and Regulatory Counsel
Rosha Champion McCoy, MD, FAAP
Senior Director, Advancing Clinical Leadership and Quality
Shawn Rosen-Holtzman, MBA
Director, Constituent Engagement
Molly Krafcik, MPA
Constituent Engagement Specialist
To reach a member of the GFP program staff, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership Benefits and Professional Development Opportunities
Connect with other members of the Group on Faculty Practice and stay informed on group news and priorities.
AAMC Mailing Lists
AAMC mailing lists are available for sharing valuable information and resources with our member institutions and constituents.
My AAMC Affinity Groups
View your AAMC Affinity Group participation including other members of your active Groups via the My AAMC Affinity Group page. Sign in required.