Deadline: Monday, February 6, 2023
Holistic Review, as conceptualized by the AAMC, is a flexible strategic framework originally created for use in medical school admissions. The AAMC’s Holistic Review Framework and its underlying principles are now being extended into new areas such as faculty hiring, resident selection, enrollment management, and student affairs.
The Advancing Holistic Principles Advisory Committee is charged with making recommendations, providing consultation, and/or providing feedback to AAMC staff responsible for holistic review initiatives and advocacy efforts.
The Advisory Committee is currently seeking members representing the following role-based perspectives:
- Institutional Leadership (e.g., Dean, Provost)
- Faculty Affairs
Time Commitment and Activities
Term: Three years with a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms.
Time: Quarterly 2-hour virtual meetings with one 1.5 day in-person or virtual meeting.
All members of the advisory committee also serve on one or more committee-initiated working groups. Working groups hold monthly one-hour meetings, often with offline work in between. The total time per/month is three - six hours.
To see some examples of resources created by and in partnership with our committee, please see our website.
Call for Self-Nominations
Indicate your interest in becoming a member of the advisory committee by submitting:
- A letter of interest including your name, title, institution, an explanation of why you’d like to become a member of the advisory committee and the perspective(s) and experience you would contribute. Please include a statement of your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the letter.
- A brief CV (no longer than four pages)
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 6, 2023.
Nominee submissions will be reviewed by a core team of AAMC staff members. Selections will be based on the following criteria:
- Role-based perspective
- Letter of interest that aligns with the advisory committee’s charge
- Contribution to the overall diversity of backgrounds and perspectives of the committee
Decisions will be sent via email by February 17, 2023. Nominees who are not selected to participate on the advisory committee may be invited to participate on or give input to working groups associated with their role-based perspective.