The Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®) streamlines the residency application process for applicants, their Designated Dean's Offices, Letter of Recommendation (LoR) authors and program directors. By providing applicants the ability to build and deliver their application and supporting materials individually or as a package to programs, ERAS provides a centralized, but flexible solution to the residency application and documents distribution process.
ERAS includes four individual, but connected, applications developed to serve the needs of each user group involved in the application process and provide impartial, confidential transmission of applications to programs:
- MyERAS for applicants, in which students complete their applications, select programs, assign supporting documents, and submit their materials to their selected programs
- Dean's Office WorkStation (DWS) for Designated Dean’s Offices to upload medical school transcripts and medical school performance evaluations (MSPEs) in support of applications submitted through MyERAS
- Letter of Recommendation Portal (LoRP) for LoR authors to submit letters in support applications submitted through MyERAS
- Program Director's WorkStation (PDWS) for training programs to receive and review the applications and supporting documents
How Does ERAS Work?
- Applicants receive a token from their Designated Dean's Office and use it to register with MyERAS.
- Applicants complete their MyERAS application, select programs, assign supporting documents, and apply to programs.
- Applicant’s Designated Dean’s Office and LoR authors upload supporting documents.
- Examining boards receive and process requests for transcripts.
- Programs receive application materials through the PDWS.
January (2017) - Urology match
Urology match results are available.
- Latest Version of Chrome
- Latest Version of Firefox
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11
Note: ERAS does not enforce any browser restrictions, but ERAS does not support Safari.