At the SGEA meeting in Nashville, a two-hour session was devoted to Launching the Interprofessional Education Initiative.
Interprofessional education (IPE) is any type of educational, training, teaching or learning session in which two or more health and social care professions are learning interactively. Potential areas of collaboration include:
- Educational issues number/level of students, duration of experience, settings, required or elective, teaching and learning methods, sustainability of efforts
- Model courses/seminars on such topics as ethics, communication, nutrition
- Case development for standardized patients or for use in simulation settings to teach approaches to interprofessional care
- Team development approaches
- Faculty development approaches
For more information contact:
Carol Elam, Ed.D.
Vice Chair, AAMC Southern Group on Educational Affairs
Associate Dean for Admissions and Institutional Advancement
University of Kentucky College of Medicine
138 Leader Ave, Room 107
Lexington, KY 40506-9983