The State of Women in Academic Medicine
This report displays the state of women in academic medicine and helps you turn data into action to advance women at your institution.
Recent data on full-time faculty, department chairs, and medical school deans are available on the AAMC Faculty Roster.
Archived Women in Academic Medicine reports from previous years are available upon request by emailing email@example.com.
Compare your school with the Benchmarking Tables:
- Table 1: Medical Students, Selected Years, 1965-2015
- Table 2: Distribution of Residents by Specialty, 2005-2015
- Table 3: Distribution of Full-Time Faculty by Department, Rank, and Gender, 2015
- Table 4a: Distribution of Full-Time Women MD Faculty by Department and Rank, 2015
- Table 4b: Distribution of Full-Time Women PhD Faculty by Department and Rank, 2015
- Table 5: Distribution of Full-Time Faculty by Race/Ethnicity, Gender, and Rank, 2015
- Table 6a: 2015 Benchmarking - Full-Time Women Faculty New Hires and Departures
- Table 6b: 2015 Benchmarking - Full-Time Men Faculty New Hires and Departures
- Table 7: 2015 Benchmarking - Full-Time Faculty by Gender, Rank, and Tenure
- Table 8: 2015 Benchmarking - Promotions for Full-Time Faculty
- Table 9a: 2015 Benchmarking - Permanent Department Chairs
- Table 9b: 2015 Benchmarking - Acting Department Chairs
- Table 9c: 2015 Benchmarking - Interim Department Chairs
- Table 10: 2015 Benchmarking - Permanent and Interim Decanal Positions (PDF)
- Table 11: Distribution of Chairs by Departments, Gender, and Race/Ethnicity, 2015 (PDF)