Diversity & Inclusion
The AAMC is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We develop strategic initiatives to cultivate a diverse and culturally prepared workforce, advance inclusion excellence, imbue equity-mindedness, and enhance engagement with local communities.
What's New in Diversity & Inclusion
Why is my community suffering more from COVID-19?
Read what Dr. Malika Fair, AAMC Senior Director, Health Equity Partnerships & Programs, says needs to happen to ensure that all patients have the chance to live a healthy life.
Subscribe to Population Health Connect
Receive updates from AAMC on population health activities, curricular resources, and upcoming meetings in your inbox.
Now more than ever, academic medicine needs to promote talented women
The new AAMC State of Women in Academic Medicine report highlights key advances — and the challenges that remain.
Teaching Residents Population Health Management
This report profiles successful practices at primary care residency programs to help program directors incorporate population health management into their programs.
Read the report
Professional Development Resources
join a group
leadership development and training
- Register for a training opportunity
- Healthcare Executive Diversity and Inclusion Certificate Program (HEDIC)
- Grant Writers Coaching Group for NIH Awards
- Minority Faculty Leadership Development Seminar
- Mid-Career Minority Faculty Leadership Seminar
- Early Career Women Faculty Leadership Development Seminar
- Mid-Career Women Faculty Leadership Development Seminar
- Unconscious Bias Train-the-Trainer Program for the Health Professions
Voices of Academic Medicine
MedEdPORTAL: Diversity, Inclusion, and Health Equity
Our collection of diversity, inclusion and health equity resources.
Academic Medicine: Justice, Disparities, and Meeting the Needs of Our Most Vulnerable Populations
Our collection of articles about how to eliminate inequities in care received by vulnerable and underserved populations.