Letter of Recommendation Portal (LoRP)
ERAS is pleased to offer the LoRP for the ERAS 2014 season. This tool is designed to provide added flexibility for LoR Authors and reduce the scanning and uploading burden for medical schools.
Authors Writing for:
USMG Residency Applicants - LoRs can still be sent directly to medical schools to be uploaded into ERAS. Medical schools and programs will see the LoR in their software regardless of how the LoR is uploaded.
IMG and Fellowship Applicants - Effective ERAS 2014 season, ECFMG and EFDO will no longer accept paper LoRs in support of MyERAS applications. Paper LoRs submitted via mail or courier service will NOT be scanned or attached to the MyERAS application. All supporting LoRs must be submitted electronically using the LoRP.
Before using the LoRP, you must register for an AAMC Account. If you already have an AAMC account, you may use your current user name and password to access the LoRP.
Note: Only Firefox and IE browsers are supported for the LoRP.
Click Sign in to LoRP | Register for an AAMC Account.
Read the AAMC's Privacy Statement, then click Register for a AAMC Account.
Complete all required fields and click Next.
Complete all required fields, click the checkbox, and click Register.
Note: User Names and Passwords must be between 7 and 20 characters and cannot have spaces.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail. Click the confirmation link in your email to complete your AAMC Account registration.
Uploading Your LoR
1. Applicants access MyERAS to enter and finalize LoR Authors.
2. Applicants print out the Letter Request Form for all LoR Authors and deliver it by email, mail, or in person.
Note: If an applicant waived his/her rights, they should not handle the completed letter.
3. LoR Authors complete their LoR; save it in PDF format; and access the LoRP to upload their letter.
4. LoR Authors and administrators register on the LoRP and create their username and password.
5. LoR Authors log in; enter the applicant's Letter ID; verify the applicant and LoR Author details; and follow the prompts to upload their letter in PDF format (PDFs with encryption, password protection, or digital signatures cannot be processed).
6. The LoR is transmitted to the ERAS PostOffice.
LoR Authors may view uploaded LoRs and/or upload new versions at any time (if needed). Once a LoR has been uploaded, it cannot be deleted or altered in any way. To make changes, you must submit a new version of the LoR. Programs will only be able to view the most recent LoR version.
Note: Using a central account, administrative users may repeat this process for each LoR/Letter ID combination that is provided to them.