Group on Faculty Affairs (GFA)
The Group on Faculty Affairs (GFA) sustains faculty vitality in medical schools and teaching hospitals by supporting faculty affairs deans and administrators as they develop and implement institutional policies and professional development activities.
- Making the Most Out of Your GFA Membership (PDF)
- Introduction to the AAMC and Its Group on Faculty Affairs
- GFA Business Meeting, Award Celebration, and Town Hall (see the presentation slides)
- GFA Resource List (PDF)
- GFA Professional Development Conference Webinar (see the presentation slides)
- GFA Mentoring Circles
- New Members Toolkit (PDF)
- Faculty Lifecycle Webinar Series
- Faculty Vitae Collection
- Understanding and Addressing Faculty Salary Equity
- Converting your Teaching and Assessment Materials into Educational Scholarship Through MedEdPORTAL (see the presentation slides)
- GFA Town Hall Improving Promotion and Tenure (see the presentation slides)
- Sharing Your Scholarship with the World: The Art of Writing and Getting Published (Video)
- GFA Compendium (PDF)
- Strategies to Promote Faculty Vitality in Academic Medicine
- Faculty Roster: U.S. Medical School Faculty
- Academic Medicine Authors
- MedEdPORTAL Submissions
Guide to Group on Faculty Affairs
GFA representatives are appointed. Membership is open to individuals at AAMC member institutions appointed by the Dean of a member medical school or CEO of a member teaching hospital. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for appointments information or questions.
Carole J. Bland Phronesis Award
About the Award
The GFA established the Carole J. Bland Phronesis Award to commemorate the legacy of service and example of Dr. Bland. This award serves to honor members of the faculty affairs community who exemplify the spirit of phronesis through dedicated and selfless promotion of faculty vitality.
Online submissions will be reviewed and discussed by the GFA Steering Committee. Upon the GFA Steering Committee selecting a recipient, the Chair will notify the recipient. The award is presented at the annual GFA Professional Development Conference.
The 2023 nomination cycle opens in Spring 2023. A call for award nominations will be sent.
Connect with members of the Group on Faculty Affairs and stay informed on group news and priorities.
The Group on Faculty Affairs offers numerous opportunities for members to collaborate and participate in group decisions and governance.
Professional Development and Program Planning Committees
A full list of the current members of the Professional Development and Program Planning Committees of the Group on Faculty Affairs.
Communications and Research & Scholarship Committees
A full list of the current members of the Communications Committee and Research & Scholarship Committee of the Group on Faculty Affairs.
AAMC Mailing Lists
AAMC mailing lists are available for sharing valuable information and resources with our member institutions and constituents.
My AAMC Affinity Groups
View your AAMC Affinity Group participation including other members of your active Groups via the My AAMC Affinity Group page. Sign in required.