AAMC membership is an investment in your academic society, the greater academic medicine community, and the future of health care.
Membership Benefits for Academic Societies
The following membership benefits are covered by annual institutional dues.
A National Forum Shaping the Future of Academic Medicine
- Academic societies can enroll two representatives from a member society in the AAMC's Council of Faculty and Academic Societies (CFAS).
Policy and Advocacy
Academic Societies have:
- Representation before Congress, federal regulatory authorities, and the executive branch.
- Ready access to expertise, policy resources, and critical information.
- Direct channels to policy thought leaders and policymakers for developing and shaping policy.
Leading Edge Data, Analysis, and Research
- Society membership provides access to extensive data and analysis in all areas of unique concern to academic medicine, including research reports and benchmarking data.
Subject Matter Experts
- The AAMC retains a cadre of experts who understand the complexities and unique missions of academic medicine. AAMC analysts, researchers, and strategists advance the understanding and development in medical education, science and science policy, health care delivery and quality, academic and faculty affairs, student affairs, diversity and inclusion, and more.
Academic Societies receive:
- Free copies of Advancing the Academic Health System for the Future
- Free copies of Navigating the New Realities of Academic Medicine: Implications and Opportunities for a Sustainable Future
Additional Fee-for-Service Resources
Member academic societies have the opportunity to take advantage of additional fee-for-service resources that provide customized solutions to meet an organization's specific needs and challenges, or that provide professional growth opportunities to particular individuals within a member organization. These include:
Professional Development Conferences, Workshops, Webinars
- Opportunities to attend leadership and professional development educational courses for individual faculty and staff to build skills and share best practices.
Resource for Finding the Right Talent for your Organization
- Discounted fees for members institutions to post open positions on CareerConnect, the AAMC's online job board.
Secure Solution for Financial Disclosures
- Preferred pricing for member institutions to use Convey, a secure online system designed to relieve the administrative burden placed on organizations as well as physicians, researchers, and scientists to make required disclosures of financial interests.
- The AAMC produces a number of publications that are available to member institutions at a discounted rate.
Event Space at AAMC Learning Center
- The AAMC Learning Center is a full service meeting venue located on the second and third floors of the AAMC headquarters in Washington, D.C. Preferred pricing is available for member institutions to use the space. The Learning Center staff is available to assist members in planning a successful event. Learn More.
To learn more about how to become a member, please contact Member Services.
Related Affinity Group
As a member benefit, AAMC member academic societies have the ability to enroll two representatives in the AAMC's Council of Faculty and Academic Societies.