Membership for Academic Societies
A National Forum Shaping the Future of Academic Medicine
- Enrollment of two representatives from a member society in the AAMC's Council of Faculty and Academic Societies (CFAS).
Policy and Advocacy
- Representation before Congress, federal regulatory authorities, and the executive branch.
- Ready access to expertise, policy resources, and critical information.
- Direct channels to policy thought leaders and policymakers for developing and shaping policy.
Leading Edge Data, Analysis, and Research
- Access to extensive data and analysis in all areas of unique concern to academic medicine, including research reports and benchmarking data.
Subject Matter Experts
- Access to a cadre of experts who understand the complexities and unique missions of academic medicine. AAMC analysts, researchers, and strategists advance the understanding and development in medical education, science and science policy, health care delivery and quality, academic and faculty affairs, student affairs, diversity and inclusion, and more.
- Free copies of Advancing the Academic Health System for the Future
- Free copies of Navigating the New Realities of Academic Medicine: Implications and Opportunities for a Sustainable Future (available upon request, not in AAMC Store)
Member academic societies also have the opportunity to take advantage of additional fee-for-service resources that provide customized solutions to meet an organization's specific needs and challenges or provide professional growth opportunities to particular individuals within a member organization.
Professional Development Conferences, Workshops, Webinars
- Opportunities to attend leadership and professional development educational courses for individual faculty and staff to build skills and share best practices.
Resource for Finding the Right Talent for Your Organization
- Discounted fees for members institutions to post open positions on CareerConnect, the AAMC's online job board.
Secure Solution for Financial Disclosures
- Preferred pricing for member institutions to use Convey®, a secure online system designed to relieve the administrative burden placed on organizations and physicians, researchers, and scientists to make required disclosures of financial interests.
- Access to a number of AAMC-produced publications that are available to member institutions at a discounted rate.
Event Space at the AAMC Learning Center
- The AAMC Learning Center is a full-service meeting venue located on the second and third floors of the AAMC’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. Preferred pricing is available for member institutions to use the space. The Learning Center staff are available to assist members in planning a successful event.