- Professional Service
StandPoint™ Staff Engagement Survey
Staff at academic medical centers are essential to the institution’s operations, however, little is known about their professional needs. The AAMC created the StandPoint™ Staff Engagement Survey to assist medical school leaders in understanding the needs and drivers of engagement among staff.
Uniquely designed and validated for medical school staff, results from the survey can be used in parallel to the StandPoint Faculty Engagement Survey to create strong workplace cultures.
What does the survey measure?
This independent, research-based survey is used to assess drivers of staff engagement and the effectiveness of institutional policies and practices in the following domains:
- Focus on Medical School Mission
- Workplace Culture
- Medical School Governance
- Department/Work Unit Leadership
- Relationship with Supervisor
- Feedback and Mentoring
- Opportunities for Career and Professional Growth
- Collegiality and Collaboration
- Compensation and Benefits
- HR Policies
- Staff Recruitment and Retention
- Global Satisfaction
Which reports are included?
Participating institutions receive a comprehensive set of qualitative and quantitative reports that address the specific needs of the institution. Our Standard Report package includes:
- An executive summary highlighting key findings from the institution
- A presentation of key findings for the medical school
- 11 demographic benchmarking reports
- Institutional department work unit reports
- Dashboards for each department/major work unit
- De-identified qualitative data reports