- Professional Service
StandPoint™ Faculty Engagement Survey for Health Professionals
As academic medicine increasingly advocates for inter-professional education and health care teams, it is important to assess the need of faculty across all health professions colleges.
The AAMC offers the StandPoint™ Faculty Engagement Survey for Health Professions to schools of nursing, dentistry, allied health, pharmacy, and other health professions to allow institutions to measure faculty engagement across health science centers and identify areas for collaboration in building high-performing organizations.
What does the survey measure?
This independent, research-based survey is used to assess drivers of faculty engagement and the effectiveness of institutional policies and practices in the following domains:
- Nature of Work
- Focus on School Mission
- Workplace Culture
- Department Governance
- School Governance
- Relationship with Supervisor
- Mentoring and Feedback
- Opportunities for Career and Professional Growth
- Promotion and Tenure Requirements
- Promotion Equality
- Collegiality and Collaboration
- Compensation and Benefits
- Faculty Recruitment and Retention
- Faculty Diversity and Inclusion
- Clinical Practice Environment
- Part-time Faculty Experiences
- Global Satisfaction and Retention
Which reports are included?
Participating institutions receive a comprehensive set of qualitative and quantitative reports that address the specific needs of the institution. Our Standard Report package includes:
- An executive summary highlighting key findings from the institution
- A presentation of key findings for each college within the institution
- Benchmarking reports for each participating college within the institution
- De-identified qualitative data reports