StandPoint Faculty Engagement Survey for Health Professionals
As academic medicine increasingly advocates for inter-professional education and health care teams, it is important to assess the need of faculty in all health professions.
The AAMC offers the StandPoint™ Faculty Engagement Survey for Health Professions to schools of nursing, dentistry, allied health, pharmacy, and other health professions to allow institutions to measure faculty engagement across health science centers and identify areas for collaboration in building high-performing organizations.
About the Faculty Engagement Survey for Health Professionals
- Nature of Work
- Focus on School Mission
- Work Place Culture New
- Department Governance
- School Governance
- Relationship with Supervisor
- Mentoring and Feedback
- Opportunities for Career and Professional Growth
- Promotion and Tenure Requirements New
- Promotion Equality New
- Collegiality and Collaboration
- Compensation and Benefits
- Faculty Recruitment and Retention
- Faculty Diversity and Inclusion New
- Clinical Practice Environment
- Part-time Faculty Experiences
- Global Satisfaction and Retention
Participating institutions receive a comprehensive set of qualitative and quantitative reports that address the specific needs of the institution. Our Standard Report package includes:
- An executive summary highlighting key findings from the institution
- Benchmarking reports for each participating college within the institution
- De-identified qualitative data reports
- Data sorting tool
- PowerPoint presentation of key findings
PARTICIPATING MEDICAL SCHOOLS
In 2015, six schools participated in the StandPoint Faculty Engagement Survey for Health Professions pilot. The AAMC collected data from over 700 faculty from across nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, allied health, and other health professions schools.
Since 2015, the following schools have administered the StandPoint Faculty Engagement Survey for Health Professions:
- Rush University
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- Thomas Jefferson University
- University of Mississippi Medical Center
- University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center
- University of South Florida
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- University of Texas Medical Branch
- University of Utah Health Sciences
Learn how StandPoint™ Surveys has helped improve employee satisfaction, engagement, and retention at 12 U.S. medical schools.
Find answers to AAMC's StandPoint Faculty Engagement Survey frequently asked questions.