Resources and Data for Using MCAT Scores in Admissions
The resources on this page are designed to help you prepare and orient your committee members on how to use the new scores in your admissions process.
This comprehensive guide presents information about how to interpret and use MCAT scores in the context of holistic review.
- Concepts and skills measured by the exam
- Characteristics of examinees and how they prepare for and perform on the exam
- How admissions committees work with scores in admissions
- How well MCAT scores and undergraduate GPAs predict students’ performance in medical school
- New validity findings, including how well MCAT scores and undergraduate GPAs predict summative performance in pre-clerkships and on the USMLE Step 1 exam, and progression through the first two years of medical school.
MCAT Validity Data Report 2019
Read the latest findings on how well MCAT scores and other academic metrics predict students’ performance across their preclerkship courses, progression to the third year of medical school, and performance on the USMLE Step 1 exam.
The percentile ranks provided on your applicants’ MCAT score reports show the percentages of test takers who received the same scores or lower scores on the exam than they did. They show how the scores of your applicants compare to the scores of everyone who sat for the exam.
MCAT Exam Repeat Policies and Data
Learn more about the MCAT policies for retaking the exam, how many examinees retake the exam, the average score gains and losses by repeat test takers, and the strategies admissions officers use for examining retesters’ scores.
MCAT Score Report
The MCAT score reports provide you with more and better information to help you make decisions about applicants.