GIA Awards for Excellence
- Entries must be sponsored by an individual GIA member who is in good standing.* Work performed by a non GIA member employed directly by the entering institution (full-time or permanent part-time employee, not a freelancer) must be sponsored by a GIA member in good standing from that institution.
- Entries must be the work of the hospital or medical school staff submitting the nomination and should accurately characterize the work and role of outside agencies, consultants, or vendors. Projects done completely by outside agencies or consultants are not eligible.
- Each award submission requires a $50 entry fee, payable online at the time of entry via credit card only. Acceptable forms of credit card payment include MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover. The AAMC does not accept entry fee payment by check. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
- The current Awards Program Chair and other GIA members from that institution are not eligible to compete in the awards program. This year, University of Utah Health staff are not eligible.
- Judges and members of their institutions are not eligible to compete in the categories the judge is reviewing.
- Judges may review entries submitted by affiliated organizations that operate under separate executive leadership from their own. The Awards Program Chair will make the final decision about the eligibility of an entry.
*A member in good standing is an alumni relations, communications, development, marketing, or public affairs/community relations representative who has been appointed to GIA Membership by an AAMC member institution, and whose membership dues are current and paid in full.