The Group on Diversity and Inclusion Steering Committee hosted its first Diversity Consortium at Learn Serve Lead: The AAMC Annual Meeting in November 2016. The purpose of this meeting was to convene AAMC affinity group leaders and engage in meaningful dialogue on how to advance the AAMC and GDI's mission, drive progress in diversity and inclusion initiatives, and promote more equitable institutional cultures.
Summary of 2023 Consortium
The 6th Annual Diversity Consortium: Factors Promoting Excellence took place at the Learn Serve Lead 2023: The AAMC Annual Meeting in Seattle, WA. During this session, each AAMC Affinity Group leader had the chance to actively contribute to a collaborative discussion aimed at advancing our shared objectives of promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our goal was to identify and discuss common themes, challenges, and opportunities for collaboration. Access a PDF summary outline of our discussion.
We partnered with a graphic recorder to capture a depiction of our discussion. Our hope is that this image (PDF) portrays the synergy we made an effort to cultivate during this session allowing leadership to come together and express their challenges and brainstorm solutions.
2023 AAMC Affinity Group Reports
Each AAMC Affinity Group was invited to share a report on its activities and initiatives related to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. The purpose of this PDF report is to centralize this information and identify common themes, challenges, and opportunities for collaboration.
- Council of Faculty and Academic Societies (CFAS)
- Chief Medical Officer’s Group (CMOG)
- Council of Deans (COD)
- Forum on Conflict of Interest (FOCI)
- Group on Business Affairs (GBA)
- Group on Faculty Affairs (GFA)
- Group on Faculty Practice (GFP)
- Group on Institutional Advancement (GIA)
- Group on Institutional Planning (GIP)
- Group on Information Resources (GIR)
- Group on Resident Affairs (GRA)
- Group on Research Advancement and Development (GRAND)
- Group on Research, Education, and Training (GREAT)
- Government Relations Representatives (GRR)
- Group on Women in Medicine and Science (GWIMS)
- Action Plan 3: Equip Medical Schools, Teaching Hospitals, and Health Systems to Become More Inclusive, Equitable Organizations (PDF)
- Action Plan 5: Strengthen the Nation’s Commitment to Biomedical Research and the Research Community (PDF)
- AAMC Gender Equity Portfolio (PDF)