During the 2023 away rotation season, the Visiting Student Learning Opportunities™ (VSLO®) team has provided easy access to valuable resources to help you support your students through the application process. We will continue to update this page as additional resources become available.
The VSLO Program: Streamlining the Away Rotation Application Process
Learn how you can support your students through the away rotation application process with the VSLO program.
VSLO Post-Rotation Student Survey
This Post-Rotation Student Survey gathers data to help better assess the decisions students make regarding their away rotation opportunities and how those decisions and experiences inform residency decisions.
- October 2023 webinar recordings:
- April 28, 2023 - American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) Presentation
- December 2022 webinar recordings:
- Advisor FAQs
- One of the many useful tools mentioned during the webinar was an example of a way the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell (a 2021 VSLO Advisor panelist) helps students as they organize their rotation options.
- VSLO Student Webinar: Away Rotations 2023-24
- This webinar addresses common questions about the away rotation process. Attendees heard directly from a panel of Host institutions and gained an understanding of their respective review and decision-making processes.
We hope these resources will assist as you counsel your students in applying smarter, developing an effective away rotation application strategy, and more easily submitting their applications in the VSLO application service.