The three-day Minority Faculty Leadership Development Seminar brings together junior faculty from across the United States and provides participants with real-world guidance and tools for pursuing career advancement in academic medicine. The seminar will help participants develop key professional competencies that build skills in grant writing and communications, while expanding their network of colleagues and role models.
Junior faculty (senior clinical and research fellows, instructors, and assistant professors) and post docs (MD, DO/PhD and PhD) who aspire to leadership positions in academic medicine.
CANCELED: June 18-21, 2020
InterContinental San Juan
San Juan, Puerto Rico
As of April 6, 2020, the AAMC has canceled the June 2020 AAMC Minority Faculty Leadership Development seminar. Attendees and speakers of the canceled meeting have received additional information via email and will be refunded in full. More information about canceled meetings is available here.
The early bird registration fee for the June 2020 seminar was $1,825 and the standard registration fee was $2,100. This fee covers payment for the seminar, meeting materials, refreshment breaks, three continental breakfasts, two lunches, and one reception. The registration fee does not include the optional CME fee, travel, or hotel accommodations.
At the completion of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify professional development goals and design a career path, and the tools on how to get there
- Understand the realities of advancement in academic medicine through the exploration of the requirements for appointment, promotion, and tenure, and how to plan your own progress through the system
- Develop key professional competencies in academic and organizational leadership
- Build skills in grant writing and communications
- Expand your network of colleagues and role models
Questions? Email email@example.com