The three-day Minority Faculty Leadership Development Seminar brings together junior faculty from across the United States and provides participants with real-world guidance and tools for pursuing career advancement in academic medicine. The seminar will help participants develop key professional competencies that build skills in grant writing and communications, while expanding their network of colleagues and role models.
Junior faculty (senior clinical and research fellows, instructors, and assistant professors) and post docs (MD, DO/PhD and PhD) who aspire to leadership positions in academic medicine.
CANCELED: June 18-21, 2020
InterContinental San Juan
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The AAMC has decided to cancel all planned in-person meetings through June 30, 2021 as the health and safety of our constituents and staff remains our top priority. Attendees of the June 2020 seminar have been notified and refunded in full. We are committed to finding safe and effective alternative ways to bring together the academic medicine community and appreciate your patience as we consider options. We will update our website as soon as additional information becomes available. More information about cancelled meetings is available on our Coronavirus Updates page.
Application and Fees
The early bird registration fee for the June 2020 seminar was $1,825 and the standard registration fee was $2,100. This fee covers payment for the seminar, meeting materials, refreshment breaks, three continental breakfasts, two lunches, and one reception. The registration fee does not include the optional CME fee, travel, or hotel accommodations.
At the completion of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify professional development goals and design a career path, and the tools on how to get there
- Understand the realities of advancement in academic medicine through the exploration of the requirements for appointment, promotion, and tenure, and how to plan your own progress through the system
- Develop key professional competencies in academic and organizational leadership
- Build skills in grant writing and communications
- Expand your network of colleagues and role models
Questions? Email email@example.com