Hello, Southern Region!
I hope you are faring well in these trying times. These last few months, I imagine, have been difficult for everyone as we face the consequences of the global pandemic, while also making strides towards the anti-racism movement. I commend our region in continuing to be leaders in healthcare and serving our community.
Since our last update, your Ad Board has been working with various committees to handle issues/disruptions COVID-19 has brought upon our education, such as licensure examinations, virtual interviews, away rotations, etc. We are also discussing how the AAMC can promote anti-racism practices within academic medicine. Your input on these matters aids us in guiding these conversations. Your voice is important and we want to hear you!
Lastly, I want to thank all of our fellow SOSRs running for regional office. It gives me great joy to see the overwhelming interest! Stay tuned as we will be sending out more information on digital elections soon. I wish all of our candidates the best of luck!
As always if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me or our regional delegates! We are always happy to help!
OSR Southern Region leadership:
- Chair: Niki K. Patel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications: Brittany Harper, email@example.com
- Student Affairs: Irfan Khan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical Education: Michael Trainer, email@example.com
- Legislative Affairs: Daniel Pereira, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community and Diversity: Millie Smith, email@example.com
Stay safe and stay well!
OSR Southern Regional Chair
University of Mississippi School of Medicine