Hello, Southern Region!
Congratulations to all of our 4th years who have matched and will be graduating soon enough! You have worked hard for this moment and I hope you are able to celebrate all of your amazing feats during this time with your loved ones. As for our M2s and M3s, I wish you the best of luck as you prepare or await results for the STEP exams. To our M1s, you are only a few months away from finishing your first year of medical school - time flies!
Since our last update, your Ad board had continued spending time preparing sessions for the Professional Development Conference originally scheduled for the end of this month. Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the concern for individual safety was heightened and the decision was made to cancel the meeting. However, be on the lookout in the coming weeks as the Ad Board makes plans to distribute material online for those sessions.
With the cancellation of the spring meeting, regional elections will be postponed to a later time. In meantime if you are interested in running for a position, feel free to reach out to our Southern Region leadership to inquire about roles/responsibilities.
OSR Southern Region leadership:
- Chair: Niki K. Patel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications: Brittany Harper, email@example.com
- Student Affairs: Irfan Khan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical Education: Michael Trainer, email@example.com
- Legislative Affairs: Daniel Pereira, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community and Diversity: Millie Smith, email@example.com
If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to reach out to me anytime! Stay safe!
OSR Southern Regional Chair
University of Mississippi School of Medicine