Maintaining effective documentation of your academic history and achievements is critical to success in academic medicine. Consider the tips and tools on this site as you prepare your portfolio with an eye toward highlighting your unique qualifications:
- Create My CV is a template you can use to craft your CV, considering these Tips & Strategies to make the best impression;
- Teaching Portfolio explains what should be included in showcasing your teaching efforts; and
- Biographical Sketches, Statements, and Executive Summaries includes information about your biographical statement and links to the NIH Biosketch form and examples. It also addresses the "Executive Summary," a powerful tool to highlight your qualifications in ways that one's CV often does not.
Key points to keep in mind:
Follow your institution's guidelines for your internal CV, the CV you submit with promotion and tenure materials.
- Be proactive in creating your external CVs, biographical statements, and executive summary;
- Create a teaching portfolio; and
- Develop a system that works for you to facilitate updating your package.