Minimum criteria for "Service with Distinction" status
- Candidate must have been a member of AAMC/GBA for at least 10 years.
- Candidate must have served on the GBA Steering Committee.
- Candidate must have served on other GBA Standing Committees and/or GBA Ad Hoc Committees.
- Candidate must have contributed significantly to the professional development community of the GBA (meeting presentations, webinars, articles, etc.).
Recognition for "Service with Distinction" status
- Spring Meeting registration fees will be waived for awardee.
- Engraved plaque or an equivalent commemorative gift to be presented to the awardee at the Spring Meeting, if present, or forwarded to them after recognition is given at the Spring Meeting.
- In the event the awardee's institution is unable to fund the costs of the awardee's participation at the Spring Meeting, the costs associated with bringing the "Service with Distinction" awardee to the AAMC Spring Meeting may be submitted to the GBA. Reimbursement for "Service with Distinction" awardees would be limited to coach airfare, no more than two (2) nights lodging and associated per diem.
GBA Service With Distinction Members
Service With Distinction Members
|William Gleason||2007||Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine|
|Joan E. Patton||2004||Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health|
|James Bennett||1998||Duke University Medical Center|
|G. Phillip Schrodel||2000||University of Michigan Medical School|
|Deborah McGraw||1998||University of California, San Diego School of Medicine|
|Leon D. Gauthier||1993||Tulane University School of Medicine|
|Joseph Arcese||1989||University of Colorado School of Medicine|
|Jack Groves||1989||Wright State University School of Medicine|
|David J. Bachrach||1989||University of Michigan Medical School|
|Stephen Chapnick||1989||Case Western Reserve University|
|Wallace L. Harris||1986||Emory University|
|Sid R. Wallace||1979||University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine|
|Marilyn Riddle||1977||University of North Carolina|
|Thomas J. Campbell||1976||Administration SUNY-Upstate Medical Center|
|Alfred Beers||1976||University of Pennsylvania|
|Ronald A. Lochbaum||1974||Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine|
|George M. Norwood, Jr.||1973||Thomas Jefferson University|
|Robert G. Lindee||1973||Palo Alto Medical Research Institute|