Minimum criteria for "Honorary Member" status
- Candidate is not a member of the GBA but has contributed significantly to the professional development community of the GBA.
- Candidate must have provided exceptional service and support to the GBA for many years.
- Candidate must be viewed as an “expert” in the disciplines that encompass GBA members.
- Candidate must have demonstrated leadership qualities in administrative and fiscal management.
Recognition for "Honorary Member" status
- Spring Meeting registration fees will be waived for awardee.
- Engraved plaque or an equivalent commemorative gift to be presented to the awardee at the Spring Meeting, if present, or forwarded to them after recognition is given at the Spring Meeting.
- In the event the awardee's institution is unable to fund the costs of the awardee's participation at the Spring Meeting, the costs associated with bringing the "Service with Distinction" awardee to the AAMC Spring Meeting may be submitted to the GBA. Reimbursement for "Service with Distinction" awardees would be limited to coach airfare, no more than two (2) nights lodging and associated per diem.
GBA Honorary Members
|G. Phillip Schrodel||2000||University of Michigan Medical School|
|Deborah McGraw||1998||University of California, San Diego School of Medicine|
|Leon D. Gauthier||1993||Tulane University School of Medicine|
|Joseph Arcese||1989||University of Colorado School of Medicine|
|Jack Groves||1989||Wright State University School of Medicine|
|David J. Bachrach||1989||University of Michigan Medical School|
|Stephen Chapnick||1989||Case Western Reserve University|
|Wallace L. Harris||1986||Emory University|
|Sid R. Wallace||1979||University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine|
|Marilyn Riddle||1977||University of North Carolina|
|Thomas J. Campbell||1976||Administration SUNY-Upstate Medical Center|
|Alfred Beers||1976||University of Pennsylvania|
|Ronald A. Lochbaum||1974||Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine|
|George M. Norwood, Jr.||1973||Thomas Jefferson University|
|Robert G. Lindee||1973||Palo Alto Medical Research Institute|