Minimum criteria for "Emeritus" status
- Candidate must have been a member of AAMC/GBA for at least 15 years.
- Candidate must have served as a national officer of the GBA (chair, chair elect, and/or immediate past chair) on the GBA Steering Committee.
- Candidate must have served as a Chairperson on other GBA Standing Committees and/or GBA Ad Hoc Committees.
- Candidate must have contributed significantly to the professional development community of the GBA (meeting presentations, webinars, articles, etc.).
Recognition for "Emeritus" status
- Spring Meeting registration fees will be waived for awardee and spouse.
- Engraved plaque or an equivalent commemorative gift to be presented to the awardee at the Spring Meeting, if present, or forwarded to them after recognition is given at the Spring Meeting.
- Letter of thanks signed by GBA Steering Committee members.
- In the event the awardee's institution is unable to fund the costs of the awardee's participation at the Spring Meeting, the costs associated with bringing the "Emeritus" awardee and their spouse to the GBA Spring Meeting of which their award is presented, may be submitted to the AAMC for reimbursement. Reimbursement for "Emeritus" awardees and their spouse would be limited to coach airfare, no more than two (2) nights lodging and associated per diem.
- Award recipient will be acknowledged at other AAMC venues that recognize AAMC Group award winners.
GBA Emeritus Members
|George Andersson||2014||Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine|
|John Deeley||2012||Howard University School of Medicine|
|Gregory Handlir||2010||University of Maryland|
|Jeffrey Miller||2010||Northwestern University|
|James Hackett||2008||West Virginia University School of Medicine|
|Michael A. Hindery||2007||Stanford University School of Medicine|
|David R. Perry||2007||University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, School of Medicine|
|Patricia St. Germain||2003||University of Arizona College of Medicine|
|Roger D. Meyer||2003||University of California, San Diego School of Medicine|
|Marvin Siegel||2001||University of Miami|
|Robert Price||2001||University of Texas, San Antonio|
|V. Wayne Kennedy||2000||University of California, San Diego College of Medicine|
|Robert Winfree||2000||Duke University Medical Center|
|William Hilles||1998||University of Arkansas College of Medicine|
|Byron Backlar||1997||Oregon Health Sciences University School of Medicine|
|John Melendi||1995||South Florida|
|Thomas Fitzgerald||1994||New York University School of Medicine|
|Jerry Huddleston||1994||Ohio State University School of Medicine|
|Wayne Daley||1992||University of Minnesota - Duluth School of Medicine|
|Ben Weaver||1992||East Carolina University School of Medicine|
|Reggie Graves||1991||Louisiana State University School of Medicine|
|Richard G. Littlejohn, Ph.D. (deceased)||1990||University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine|
|W. James Peters||1990||New York Medical College|
|Lester G. Wilterdink||1989||Albany Medical Center of Union University|
|George W. Seils||1989||University of Arizona College of Medicine|
|Warren Kennedy||1988||Bowman Gray School of Medicine of Wake Forest University|
|George Warner||1988||University of Arkansas College of Medicine|
|David House||1988||Dartmouth Medical School|
|Jeanne Williams||1987||University of California, Los Angeles UCLA School of Medicine|
|Daniel P. Benford (deceased)||1986||Indiana University School of Medicine|
|Mario Pasquale||1985||University of Colorado Health Science Center|
|Hugh E. Hillard||1984||Emory University School of Medicine|
|Clarence N. Stover, Jr. (deceased)||1983||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine|
|Elliot J. Wells||1983||University of Alabama School of Medicine|
|Bernard Siegel||1982||Hahnemann Medical College|
|Joseph E. Lynch (deceased)||1982||St. Louis University School of Medicine|
|James P. McLean||1981||University of Florida College of Medicine|
|William A. Zimmerman||1980||Oregon Health Sciences University School of Medicine|
|Lou Rems||1978||Mount Sinai School of Medicine|
|Ruth E. Bardwell||1978||Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine|
|David A. Sinclair||1977||SUNY at Syracuse Health Science Center College of Medicine|
|Robert MacHugh||1976||University of Washington School of Medicine|