How do I use my full subscription to Academic Medicine?
All CFAS reps enjoy a significant member benefit: full access to Academic Medicine, an official, peer-reviewed journal of the AAMC. Each issue includes original research and scholarly opinion pieces from thought leaders, useful infographics as part of the Last Page feature, and descriptive articles focusing on a range of topics from innovative delivery models to cognitive learning theory. If you have not done so already, follow these instructions to activate your online account.
- Visit the Academic Medicine website at https://journals.lww.com/secure/pages/activatesubscription.aspx?ContextUrl=%2facademicmedicine%2fpages%2fdefault.aspx
- Enter your LWW subscriber ID or your society member ID in the box. The subscriber ID or society member ID is located on the mailing label of your print subscription. Click Activate Subscription.
- If you have any questions, contact the journal’s publisher at 800-638-3030 (within USA) or 301-223-2300 (international), via email at email@example.com, or browse the help center.
How do I access the CFAS Member Directory?
- Click https://members.aamc.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?site=AAMC&webcode=AAMCComSearchResult&committee=30c39ebe-9075-46d4-b91f-26ec12c25f17
- Sign in with username and password.
- Click “Access Now”
- In the box on the right margin titled “My AAMC Menu” click on “My AAMC Affinity Group Participation.”
- Click “Search my Affinity Groups”
- In the “group” field, select “Council of Faculty and Academic Societies (CFAS)”
- Click “Search”
How do I make an AAMC data request?
How do I become a CFAS Affiliate?
At the end of their terms as active CFAS reps, individuals are automatically categorized as CFAS Affiliates, but can follow up with Stephen Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure they are enrolled.
How do I send a message to the CFAS listserv?
Send your message to email@example.com.
How do I join a CFAS committee?
Email one of the committee chairs on this page: https://www.aamc.org/professional-development/affinity-groups/cfas/committees. You can also reach out to Eric Weissman at firstname.lastname@example.org who will help connect you with a committee chair and explain how the committees work.
How do I submit an op-ed to AAMCNews?
Email Gabrielle Redford at email@example.com.
How do I subscribe to CFAS News or submit a news item for inclusion in CFAS News?
Subscribing – Enter your information to our database on this page: https://www.aamc.org/cfas-newsletter.
Submitting a news item for inclusion – email the item to Eric Weissman at firstname.lastname@example.org and Alex Bolt at email@example.com.