The challenges for leaders in academic medicine are many in today’s ever-changing business environment. As a new department chair or associate dean, you are responsible for critical operational functions that guide the success of your institution. The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) has developed the Organizational Leadership in Academic Medicine seminar with your unique professional issues in mind. It is designed to ensure you are equipped with the essential leadership and management skills needed to support your institutions' mission and goals.
As an Associate Dean or Department Chair who has been in your position for three years or less, this is an opportunity to join your colleagues for meaningful networking and skill building in the areas of:
- People and team management
- Financial decision making
Through highly-interactive sessions taught by expert faculty, you will explore leadership and management practices and techniques that you can apply directly to your roles and responsibilities in medical schools and teaching hospitals.
Who Should Attend?
Department chairs and associate deans who are new to their role (first 3 years)
October 10-12, 2023
Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Registration for the 2023 Seminar is closed. Details for the 2024 program will be posted here in the coming months.
Application & Fees
The 2023 registration fee is $2,375 for AAMC members and $2,725 for non-members. This fee includes payment for the seminar, all study materials, a networking reception, and breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks each day. The fee does not include the optional CME fee, travel, or hotel accommodations.
At the completion of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the primary funding sources and challenges related to each of the academic missions
- Identify ways to achieve economic stability and growth in light of recent financial and economic pressures
- Apply new skills for managing conflict, building effective teams, and inspiring and leading change
- Identify strategies for communicating and working effectively with your Dean and your institution’s leadership
- Explain how diversity and inclusion practices lead to better organizational performance
Questions? Email email@example.com.