The Minority Faculty Leadership Development Seminar brings together junior faculty from across the United States and provides participants with real-world guidance and tools for pursuing career advancement in academic medicine. The seminar will help participants develop key professional competencies that build skills in grant writing and communications, while expanding their network of colleagues and role models.
Who Should Attend?
Junior faculty (senior clinical and research fellows, instructors, and assistant professors) and post docs (MD, DO/PhD and PhD) who aspire to leadership positions in academic medicine.
June 22-25, 2023
Fairmont El San Juan
San Juan, Puerto Rico
At the completion of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify professional development goals and design a career path, and the tools on how to get there.
- Understand the realities of advancement in academic medicine through the exploration of the requirements for appointment, promotion, and tenure, and how to plan your own progress through the system.
- Develop key professional competencies in academic and organizational leadership.
- Build skills in grant writing and communications.
- Expand your network of colleagues and role models.
Questions? Email email@example.com