2024 Institutional Advancement
Pre-conference Education Session
February 22 from 2:00-3:00 pm ET
This is a free event for anyone at an AAMC member institution who is interested in institutional advancement issues. During the pre-conference education session, you will join a main Zoom room and select one of the following breakout rooms in the moment. While registration is required, no pre-selection of topic is necessary. The breakout rooms will be part presentation, part discussion and will offer attendees takeaways to help them in their work. Please note this is an education session and not a pitch of any services or products. This session will not be recorded, and we will not share your information with presenters. Register here.
Building a Culture for Philanthropy
Learn and discuss the steps teams need to take to build a strong culture for philanthropy both within your advancement team AND with your clinician partners and academic leadership.
- Facilitator: Shashea Adams-Guess, Associate Vice President, Advancement Strategy and Operations, Office of Institutional Advancement, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Session Leader: Advancement Resources
Reunion Engagement Strategies
Hear and share the best ways to engage your alumni before, during, and after reunions.
- Facilitator: Amanda Bassett, Director of Development, Alumni Affairs and Giving, Yale School of Medicine
- Session Leader: BrightCrowd
Uncover Donor Gems: Panning Your Pipeline with Planned Giving
Learn how some institutions have surfaced legacy and other planned gifts using the simple tactic of a mailed survey and discuss the ins and outs of follow up, timing, audience, and email integration.
- Facilitator: Meghan E. Perrin, Director of Development, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Session Leader: C.I. Partners Direct
How Emerging Leaders Can Grow in Their Career
Explore what emerging leaders can do to take their career to the next level.
- Facilitator: Adam Scally, Director of Major Gifts, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Session Leader: Lindauer
Crisis & Issue Preparedness
One poorly managed crisis or major issue can damage the good reputation and momentum you’ve spent years building. Hear about the ground rules for navigating a crisis or ongoing issue, how others are preparing, and how you can put these into practice within your institution today.
- Facilitator: Claire Bassett, Chief Communications Officer, Baylor College of Medicine
- Session Leader: Jarrard Inc.
Learn and discuss how to secure the donation and be able to show your appreciation now, instead of waiting 3-5 years after a building project is complete.
- Facilitator: Catherine Mello, Alumni Director, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Session Leader: Corporate Communications, Inc.
Unique Touch Points in the Digital Donor Journey
Hear and share unique non-solicitation efforts that can grow and further relationships with constituents.
- Facilitator: Mark Kemball, Senior Director, Alumni Engagement, OSHU Foundation, Oregon Health & Science University
- Session Leader: Doing Good Digital
AI + Grateful Family Programs
Explore how to deploy AI in a grateful patient application ethically while understanding donor motivations.
- Facilitator: Steve Blair, Vice President, Principal Gifts, University of South Florida
- Session Leader: DonorSearch
Build Up Your Principal Donor Base
Hear and share how to find and reach more prospects.
- Facilitator: George Rattin, Executive Director of Development, Division of Institutional Advancement, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Session Leader: GOBEL
How AI Can Help Fundraisers with Prospects
Hear and discuss ideas about how AI can help teams complete work more efficiently and effectively, particularly with prospect management and research.
- Facilitator: Tom White, Executive Director, The Fund for Penn Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Session Leader: London Automation
Renewal, Acquisition, Stewardship, and Beyond
Learn and share best practices when targeting different segments with your data.
- Facilitator: Elena Wu, Executive Director of Marketing, Weill Cornell Medicine
- Session Leader: Marketing Communication Resource, Inc.
Running a Successful Mid-level Giving Program
A well-run mid-level giving program can generate considerable revenue while providing a steady flow of major and principal gift leads. Explore ways to work with this population to ensure you are maximizing your opportunities.
- Facilitator: Alyssa Greengrass, Director of Leadership Gifts, NewYork-Presbyterian
- Session Leader: StoryCause