Watch the GIA Member Orientation session highlighting member benefits, updates, upcoming programming, and the new Virtual Community.
Professional Development Opportunities
- Opportunity to attend AAMC’s professional development conferences throughout the year, including two conferences particularly designed for advancement professionals:
- The AAMC Conference for Institutional Advancement, held each spring, provides nuts-and-bolts tactics and strategies related to the five disciplines in institutional advancement. GIA members receive a discount on registration fees.
- Learn, Serve, Lead: The AAMC Annual Meeting, held each fall, offers a national conversation on the future of health care, bringing together future and current leaders within academic medicine.
- Webinars led by industry experts focused on the latest institutional advancement trends, issues, and best-practices.
- National platform to showcase your institution’s best programming, projects, and publications in the Awards for Excellence competition.
Networking and Staying Connected
- Access to member colleagues through the new AAMC Institutional Advancement Community. In this online space, you can connect and network with peers, share best practices and resources, and benchmark your programs and activities.
- Ready access to expertise, policy resources, and critical information via multiple AAMC communication channels:
- Monthly GIA e-newsletter.
- Washington Highlights, a weekly summary of the major legislative and regulatory issues of importance to medical schools and teaching hospitals.
- AAMCNews, the AAMC’s weekly news update, which covers the latest and most significant developments and innovations in academic medicine.
- Access to the private online GIA membership directory, a valuable networking tool for searching the GIA membership by region, institution, and discipline and for directly contacting colleagues around the country.