Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Executive Director Joe V. Selby, MD, MPH, Feb. 27 provided details about updating PCORI’s strategic plan in 2018 during the Board of Governors Meeting. The initial strategic plan was approved in Nov. 2013.
He noted seven proposed revisions to the strategic plan:
- Continue to balance across PCORI’s strategic goals: research, dissemination, and influencing research funded and conducted by others;
- Place increased emphasis on comparative clinical effectiveness research of new technologies;
- Expand the range of research types and products funded by PCORI to support effective comparative clinical effectiveness research;
- Increase specificity of funding announcements when possible;
- Expand dissemination efforts, including a focus on shared decision making;
- Expand utilization of PCORnet;
- Re-visit national priorities and research agenda.
Discussions and activities related to the strategic plan update process will occur over the next several months, and PCORI anticipates releasing a draft strategic plan and research agenda for review in the fall.