AAMC Web Site Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: April 30, 2014
Table of Contents
By using our site, you also indicate your understanding that AAMC may revise these Terms from time to time without providing notice to you. Your continued use of this site after we have revised the Terms will indicate that you accept them as revised. You may be asked to indicate your acceptance to these Terms when registering for an AAMC Account or when using certain services. We recommend that you review these Terms regularly.
Personal information submitted through the AAMC Web site is subject to the AAMC Privacy Notice, as it may be amended from time to time, which is incorporated into these Terms by reference.
As a condition of using the AAMC Web site:
- You may not use this site or any products, services, or information available through our site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms;
- You may not engage in any activities that could damage, disable, or impair any AAMC server or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of our site;
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any AAMC service, or to any services or content available through this site, through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available to you through this site;
- You may not collect content or information or otherwise access our site using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers); and
- You may not modify, copy, distribute, make any attempt to discover the source code, algorithms, or processes of this site.
If you register with our site, you agree to provide us with current, complete and accurate information as requested by the applicable registration form. You will be required to choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and are wholly responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify AAMC immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security involving your account. AAMC will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. You, however, may be held liable for any losses incurred by AAMC or another party due to misuse of your account or password.
You are responsible for taking all precautions necessary to ensure that any content that you provide to or receive from the sites is free of viruses, worms, or other malware introduced to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system data or information.
You understand that AAMC reserves the right to suspend or terminate accounts (including terminating a user name and password, if any) and to block access to this site by any user who violates—or who AAMC in its sole discretion believes may have violated—these Terms or otherwise engages in conduct which AAMC determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate or inconsistent with AAMC's mission. You understand that access may be suspended or terminated with or without notice.
THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. AAMC (INCLUSIVE OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AFFILIATES, OR ANY OTHER PERSONS INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAKING CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE) DOES NOT MAKE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENTS. FURTHER, ANY DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AS TO COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY. AAMC, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES REGARDING ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICUALR PURPOSE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
AAMC ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENT. YOU RELEASE AAMC FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE DATA OR INFORMATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL AAMC BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF OUR SITE OR ANY SITE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENT.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS AAMC FROM ALL CLAIMS, LIABILITY, AND COSTS (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE THAT VIOLATES THESE TERMS.
This site may include links to other Web sites which are not owned or controlled by AAMC, and AAMC is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, the conduct of the operator of any linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. AAMC may provide links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by AAMC of the Web site.
You agree that these Terms will be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to its conflicts of law rules, and that any litigation regarding compliance with these Terms or your use of our sites will be brought in the courts of the District of Columbia. If any provision of these Terms is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable from the Terms and shall not affect the enforceability of any remaining provisions.
AAMC, Association of American Medical Colleges, Academic Medicine, AMCAS, American Medical College Application Service, AspiringDocs.org, Careers in Medicine, COTH, Council of Teaching Hospitals and Health Systems, CurrMIT, ERAS, FindAResident, FAMOUS, GME Track, MCAT, Medical College Admissions Test, MedEdPORTAL, MEDLOANS, MSAR, Tomorrow's Doctors, Tomorrow's Cures, VSAS and, when applicable, their related logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Association of American Medical Colleges.
AAMC reserves the right to amend this list of trademarks at any time with or without notice. Any third party logos or trademarks used on this site remain the property of the owners of those logos or trademarks.
Unless otherwise indicated on the specific Web page and/or document, the AAMC grants permission to reproduce and distribute documents and related images available the AAMC Web site, provided that:
- Use of documents and related images available from this site is for educational and non-commercial purposes only, this includes professional conferences;
- The copyright and permission notices appear in all reproductions;
- No documents or related images available from this site are modified in any way; and
- No graphic images available from this site are used, copied or distributed separate from accompanying text.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by AAMC.
AAMC makes no warranties as to technical accuracy of its material and apologizes for any typographical errors. Periodically, AAMC may make improvements and/or changes to its material.
Please read the Copyright Notice above as it outlines AAMC general permission grant. Further, AAMC grants its member institutions permission to reproduce and distribute AAMC material made available to members free of charge.
If you still require formal, written permission: please contact the AAMC department who developed the material directly. If you are unsure which AAMC department to contact, please complete the Permission to Reproduce AAMC Material Form to request permission. An AAMC staff member will review your request and contact you.
Permission requests for Academic Medicine are managed by the publisher, please visit: http://journals.lww.com/academicmedicine/_layouts/1033/oaks.journals/rightsandpermissions.aspx.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or problems with this service
If you believe that your rights under copyright law are being infringed by the uploading, posting, display or other distribution of your copyrighted content to our site, please provide us with a written, signed notice of the alleged infringement. To be effective, your notice must made in writing and include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work or work(s) you claim have been infringed, and a description of the activity you claim to be infringing or if multiple works on this site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at this site;
- Identification of where the material or activity you claim to be infringing is located or is occurring. You must include enough information to allow us to locate the material or activity, such as the URL or description of the location of the material;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which we may contact you;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the work on the AAMC Web site in the manner of which you are complaining is not authorized by the copyright owner, any agent of the copyright owner, or the law; and
- A statement, made by you under penalty of perjury, that the information you have provided in your notice is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Your notice to us must be sent to:
Association of American Medical Colleges
Attn: Chief Legal Officer – DMCA
655 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001-2399
We reserve the right to change the content on this site and to suspend or deny access to this site for maintenance or modifications.
Any failure to enforce or delay in enforcing any part of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of our rights under these Terms or law. These Terms constitute the entire agreement and supersede any prior agreement or communications between you and us regarding the AAMC Web site. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.
Copyright © 1995-2014 Association of American Medical Colleges, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 100, Washington, DC, 20001-2399 U.S.A. All rights reserved.