About COSA Working Group on Medical Student Well-Being
The COSA Working Group on Medical Student Well-being supports the GSA Committee on Student Affairs by providing and soliciting expert input on ways to advance medical student well-being; identifying gaps, opportunities, and collaborations related to student well-being; and socializing student well-being and larger AAMC well-being efforts to the broader GSA community.
Well-being Evaluation Resources
- UME Wellness Programming and Strategies for Evaluating Wellness Programs: A National Review (PDF)
- Sample survey items to evaluate stressors in the UME learning environment (PDF)
- Sample survey items to evaluate UME wellness programs (PDF)
COVID 19 Resources
- COVID-19 Statement on Student Mental Health (PDF)
- Recommended Approaches for Student Well-being: A Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF)
- Medical School Wellness Curriculum Collection
This online repository features a curated collection of open-source, high-quality, ready-made teaching materials covering a variety of well-being topics.
- Medical Student Well-Being
Student service providers, faculty, staff, and current medical students share personal stories of resilience, resources for maintaining well-being, and programs, practices, and strategies they have found to be effective in building student well-being.
- Well-being in Academic Medicine
Well-being in academic medicine has emerged as a critical issue facing faculty, researchers, residents, and students.
- AAMC Statement on Commitment to Clinician Well-Being and Resilience (PDF)
GSA and GEA Spring Meeting Presentations
- GSA Developing a Wellness Curriculum for Medical Students Presentation (PDF)
- WGEA Developing a Wellness Curriculum for Medical Students Presentation (PDF)
- WGSA Designing a Wellness Curriculum for Undergraduate Medical Education Worksheet (PDF)