Designed for newly appointed permanent, interim, and acting deans, this seminar is intended to quickly orient participants to the responsibilities that are integral to this key leadership position. Deans will learn from national experts and have the opportunity to problem-solve current issues at their institutions.
Who Should Attend?
The 2020 Executive Development Seminar for Deans is open to current members of the Council of Deans (COD) and expected members whose appointments have been announced by an AAMC-member medical school. COD Fellows are also welcome to attend.
January 23-25, 2020
AAMC Learning Center
Participation is by invitation only. The registration process begins October 2019.
During the seminar, new deans gain perspective from national experts and from within their cohort on a variety of topics:
- Emerging issues at academic medical centers;
- Driving alignment across the academic medical center;
- Stewarding institutional resources such as talent, finances, and institutional reputation;
- Best practices for advocacy;
- Leading your institution through major change events
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.