CI Portal features
In Chapter 11, Test Your CI Upload, you read the CI Portal User Guide and have ensured that faculty and staff who need access to your CI data and reports have accounts to the CI Portal. The majority of helpful text regarding the CI Portal can be found in the CI Portal User Guide, and while we try not to duplicate text across documents and resources to avoid version control issues, we want to highlight the major features that would be helpful to explore before the CI Portal opens for CI data uploads on August 1.
While the CI Portal does not open for data uploads till August 1, users are able to access the CI Portal throughout the year to access reports.
- Help section. This resource has helpful information for schools and vendors. Because all CI users, whether those at schools or those with vendors, can see all the same ‘help’ information, we can all be on the same page about what instructions have been provided and expectations.
- Upload. Note that not all users have the same abilities and views in the CI Portal. Some users have view-only access (e.g., vendors) for a given school, while other roles have edit access (e.g., curriculum deans). Your view of the upload tab may vary depending on your role. The upload tab is where a school can upload a CI data file and view the Verification Report it generates. Within the upload tab, there is also an activity history, which documents each action, date, and user for all key actions which occur in the CI Portal (e.g., file uploaded, errors generated, etc.). Remember only the curriculum dean can officially verify your school’s Verification Report, which officially submits your data to AAMC.
- Reports. Schools can view a number of curriculum reports, including:
- Past Verification Reports (for each year of participation, up to the last 10 years)
- Past Accreditation Support Reports (new for 2021)
- National curriculum reports (e.g., geriatrics, pain management, etc.)
Please note the terms of usage for the CI Portal and its reports detailed in the CI Portal User Guide.