Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
The AAMC is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
We develop strategic initiatives to cultivate a diverse and culturally prepared workforce, advance inclusion excellence, imbue equity-mindedness, and enhance engagement with local communities.
What's New in Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
New Tool Alert: Foundational Principles of Inclusion Excellence (FPIE) Toolkit
The FPIE Toolkit is a uniquely designed qualitative tool that provides an opportunity to better understand how key stakeholders view your organization’s commitment towards inclusion excellence.
New Tool Alert: Diversity, Inclusion, Culture, and Equity (DICE) Inventory
The DICE Inventory provides usable evidence to evaluate and support the need for additional diversity activities at your institution.
Restorative Justice in Academic Medicine (RJAM) Facilitator Training
February 9-11, 2022
Join us in-person where we will provide guidance to effectively incorporate the practice of Restorative Justice in addressing harm at medical schools, teaching hospitals, and allied health professional institutions.
Racism and Health
Explore articles and resources about the complex issues and strategies to combat racism and make health care more diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
Professional Development Resources
Join a Group
Leadership Development and Training
- Register for a training opportunity
- Healthcare Executive Diversity and Inclusion Certificate Program (HEDIC)
- Grant Writers Coaching Group for NIH Awards
- Minority Faculty Leadership Development Seminar
- Mid-Career Minority Faculty Leadership Seminar
- Early Career Women Faculty Leadership Development Seminar
- Mid-Career Women Faculty Leadership Development Seminar
- Unconscious Bias Train-the-Trainer Program for the Health Professions
Voices of Academic Medicine
MedEdPORTAL: Diversity, Inclusion, and Health Equity
Our collection of diversity, inclusion and health equity resources.
Academic Medicine: Justice, Disparities, and Meeting the Needs of Our Most Vulnerable Populations
Our collection of articles about how to eliminate inequities in care received by vulnerable and underserved populations.