Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
The AAMC is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
We develop strategic initiatives to cultivate a diverse and culturally prepared workforce, advance inclusion excellence, imbue equity-mindedness, and enhance engagement with local communities.
What's New in Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
IDEAS Learning Series: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Anti-racism
A monthly webinar series that brings in experts from across academic medicine to help you foster inclusive environments; create equitable advancement, promotion, and tenure policies; and promote anti-racist policies, education, and institutional practices.
Helpful definitions, videos, publications, reading lists, and examples of anti-racism in practice within U.S. medical schools and teaching hospitals.
Minority Faculty Leadership Development Seminar
June 16-19, 2022
San Antonio, TX
Provides junior faculty and postdocs with real-world guidance and tools for pursuing career advancement in academic medicine.
Grant Writers Coaching Group for NIH Awards
June 16, 2022
San Antonio, TX
Supports racial and ethnic minority faculty in improving critical writing skills to strengthen grant proposals and increase diversity in academic medicine.
Professional Development Resources
Join a Group
Leadership Development and Training
- Register for a training opportunity
- Healthcare Executive Diversity and Inclusion Certificate Program (HEDIC)
- Grant Writers Coaching Group for NIH Awards
- Minority Faculty Leadership Development Seminar
- Mid-Career Minority Faculty Leadership Seminar
- Early Career Women Faculty Leadership Development Seminar
- Mid-Career Women Faculty Leadership Development Seminar
- Unconscious Bias Train-the-Trainer Program for the Health Professions
Voices of Academic Medicine
MedEdPORTAL: Diversity, Inclusion, and Health Equity
Our collection of diversity, inclusion and health equity resources.
Academic Medicine: Justice, Disparities, and Meeting the Needs of Our Most Vulnerable Populations
Our collection of articles about how to eliminate inequities in care received by vulnerable and underserved populations.