Timeline - USMG Residency Applicants
December - Military match
- Military match results are available.
January - Urology match
- Urology match results are available.
February - AOA Match (NMS Match)
American Osteopathic Association (AOA) Match (NMS Match)
- NMS/AOA Matching Program results are available.
May - End of ERAS 2014
- End of ERAS Season
- MyERAS closes at 5 p.m. ET to prepare for the next ERAS season.
Program Application Deadlines
ERAS does not set program application deadlines; applicants need to contact programs directly for deadlines.
The ERAS PostOffice, however, closes on May 31 every year to prepare for the next ERAS application season. At that time all of our servers are purged of all applications and supporting documents. ERAS does not maintain records from year to year.
June - Medical schools begin distributing tokens
MyERAS User Guide
- MyERAS user guide is available online.
- Medical schools begin generating and distributing tokens to applicants.
July - MyERAS open to all applicants
D.O. Applicants Begin Applying to AOA residencies
PostOffice opens to AOA residencies
- MyERAS website opens to applicants to register and begin working on their applications.
- D.O. applicants begin selecting and applying to AOA-accredited residency programs only.
- AOA-accredited residency programs begin contacting the ERAS PostOffice to download applications.
September - Applicants begin applying to ACGME residencies
- Applicants begin applying to ACGME -accredited residency programs.
- ACGME-accredited residency programs begin contacting the ERAS PostOffice to download applications.
October - MSPEs released to residency programs
- MSPEs released to residency programs.*
*Medical schools will upload the MSPE to the ERAS PostOffice according to their own schedule. Programs will download MSPEs once they become available; however, they will not be released in the PDWS until programs contact the PostOffice on October 1.
NRMP Match Week
Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program
8 a.m.–6 p.m. ET