Timeline - Residency Applicants
June - ECFMG begins generating tokens to IMGs
- ERAS Support Services at ECFMG begin generating and distributing tokens to IMGs.
July - D.O. Applicants Start Applying to AOA residencies
- D.O. applicants start applying to AOA-accredited residency programs.
- AOA-accredited residency programs start receiving applications.
September - Applicants start applying to ACGME residencies
- Applicants start applying to ACGME -accredited residency programs.
- ACGME-accredited residency programs start receiving applications.
October - MSPEs released to residency programs
- MSPEs released to residency programs.*
*MSPEs can be uploaded at any time and are sent to all programs an applicant applies to, but are not visible to residency programs until October 1, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. ET.
January - Urology match
- Urology match results are available.
February - NMS/AOA Match
NMS/AOA (American Osteopathic Association) Match
- NMS/AOA match results are available.
May (2016) - ERAS 2016 Season Ends
- End of the MyERAS 2016 Season
May - ERAS 2016 Opens; MyERAS 2015 Closes
- MyERAS user guide is available online .
- Dean's Workstation opens for US Medical Schools to begin generating and distributing tokens to USMGs.
- MyERAS applicaiton opens to all applicants to register and start working on their applications.
- ERAS Letter of Recommendation Portal (LoRP) opens for LoR Authors to upload their letters.
- End of ERAS 2015 Season
Program Application Deadlines
ERAS does not set program application deadlines; applicants need to contact programs directly for deadlines. ERAS closes on May 31 every year to prepare for the next application season. At that time, our servers are purged of all applications and supporting documents for the current season. Please make arrangements to save a copy of your application materials for the current season.
D.O. Applicants Start Applying to AOA Programs
Applicants Start Applying to ACGME Residency Programs