The Fee Assistance Program benefits are subject to change. If you are approved for fee assistance during the 2015 calendar year, you will receive the following:
- Reduced registration fees in testing year 2015, from $300 to $115, for MCAT exams until December 31, 2016 (over $700 value).
- The Official Guide to the MCAT® (MCAT2015) Exam, Fourth Edition and other official MCAT practice products ($125 value). You will receive more details about these benefits if you are awarded fee assistance and indicate when you intend to take the exam. Regardless of how many times you are awarded fee assistance, you will only receive MCAT prep product benefits once.
- Up to $500 towards an updated psycho-educational or medical evaluation if it is required to support your MCAT accommodations application.
Medical School Admission Requirements Benefits
- Complimentary access to the Medical School Admission Requirements website until December 31, 2016 ($50 value)
- Waiver for all AMCAS fees for one (1) application submission with up to 15 medical school designations ($664 value), submitted by December 31, 2016.
Additional fees will be charged for each medical school designation beyond the initial set of 15
How long can I use these benefits?
You will be able to use your Fee Assistance Program award benefits for up to two calendar years. Benefits will expire on December 31, the year after they are awarded regardless of when in the year you apply for, and receive, the award. For example:
|If your application is approved:||Your benefits expire:|
|Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2015||December 31, 2016|
|Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2016||December 31, 2017|
|Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2017||December 31, 2018|
You may only apply once per calendar year. Each award includes MCAT, Medical School Admission Requirements website, and AMCAS benefits. If you apply and receive fee assistance during two consecutive calendar years, unused benefits from your first award will expire as soon as your new award is approved.
Fee Assistance Program benefits are never retroactive.