Participating Medical Schools
Most medical schools participate in AMCAS®. Remember that regardless of the number of AMCAS schools to which you apply, you submit just one application to AMCAS. AMCAS then verifies information in your application, collects letters of evaluation (for schools that participate in AMCAS Letters Service), and transmits your completed application to the medical schools you have selected to receive it.
You must request an official transcript from each post-secondary institution that you've attended in the United States or Canada. AMCAS also sends your MCAT scores for tests taken since April 1991, provided you have released them to AMCAS. You should contact schools directly for application information regarding medical schools that do not participate in AMCAS and for information on special programs such as B.A./M.D., M.D./Ph.D., M.D./J.D., etc.
Search for Participating Medical Schools by State:
Schools Not Participating in AMCAS
These schools use AMCAS only for M.D.-Ph.D. applications:
- Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center School of Medicine
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas Southwestern Medical School
- University of Texas Medical School at Galveston
- University of Texas School of Medicine at Houston
- University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio
This school does not use AMCAS:
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, El Paso, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine
This application is for those applying to the 2014 entering class. The application for those applying to the 2015 entering class will be available May 1.
Monday-Friday, 9a.m.-7p.m. (ET)
Closed Wednesdays 3p.m.-5p.m. (ET)