Connect with AMCAS
Getting Into Medical School
The AAMC is here to help you navigate the journey from pre-med through residency and beyond—with reliable, trusted resources and services.
MCAT Exam Policies for U.S. and Canadian Medical Schools
View MCAT® Exam policies to see which exam(s) medical schools will accept for the 2016, 2017 and 2018 application cycles.
Use our collection of AMCAS Reference to help you complete your AMCAS application.
Need to understand a specific section of the application?
- 2015 AMCAS Instruction Manual - This document thoroughly outlines the application. The Instruction Manual is required reading for all AMCAS applicants.
- AMCAS Quick Start Guide - The Quick Start Guide is for those more familiar with the AMCAS application process.
- AMCAS Application Tips
- AMCAS Grade Conversion Guide
- AMCAS Course Classification Guide (interactive)
- Important update to accommodations annotation policy
Not quite sure how to complete certain sections of the AMCAS application? Watch our video tutorials for detailed instructions!
- The 2015 AMCAS Overview
- How to Enter Basic Coursework
- How to Enter AP Coursework
- How to Enter Current/Future Coursework
- How to Enter Study Abroad Coursework
- How to Enter Military Coursework - updated tutorial coming soon!
- How to Add Letter of Evaluation Entries and Assign Them to Medical Schools
- How to Match a Letter to Your Application
Additional AMCAS Services
Here are a few services you should know about when completing your AMCAS application.
Learn about other AAMC resources, including:
- 2014 AMCAS Instruction Manual
- Medical School Admissions Requirements (MSAR)
- Guidelines for Clinical Shadowing Experiences
- Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants
- Application and Acceptance Protocols for Admission Officers
- Policies and Procedures for Investigating Reported Violations of Admission and Enrollment Standards
- AAMC Policies Regarding the Collection, Use, and Dissemination of Medical Student and Applicant Data
Falsification, omission, or discrepancy in application materials, including incomplete or invalid financial transactions, as well as any irregular behavior during the administration of the MCAT exam, will be investigated in accordance with AAMC Policies.
This application is for those applying to the 2015 entering class.
Fee Assistance Program application opens
2016 AMCAS Resources released
2016 AMCAS application opens
This application is for those applying to the 2014 entering class.
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. (EST)
Closed: Wednesday, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. (EST)