Connect with AMCAS
Getting Into Medical School
The AAMC is here to help you navigate the journey from pre-med through residency and beyond—with reliable, trusted resources and services.
Pre-Med Event Request
Request a speaker or materials from AAMC Pre-Med.
Need to understand a specific section of the application?
- 2016 AMCAS Instruction Manual
The Instruction Manual thoroughly outlines the application and is required reading for all applicants.
- AMCAS Quick Start Guide
The Quick Start Guide is for those more familiar with the AMCAS application process.
- AMCAS Application Tips
- AMCAS Grade Conversion Guide
- AMCAS Course Classification Guide
- Mission Fit: Applying to the Right Medical Schools for You - Webinar Recording
- AMCAS Overview Video Series
- How to Enter Basic Coursework
- How to Enter AP Coursework
- How to Enter Current/Future Coursework
- How to Enter Study Abroad Coursework - updated tutorial coming soon!
- How to Enter Military Coursework - updated tutorial coming soon!
- How to Add Letter of Evaluation Entries and Assign Them to Medical Schools
- How to Match a Letter to Your Application
AMCAS Letter Service
AMCAS accepts letters of evaluation and distributes them to participating medical schools electronically.
Learn more about sending your letters of evaluation to AMCAS >>
Criminal Background Check Service
AAMC-facilitated background checks are run on all accepted applicants for participating medical schools.
Learn more about the Criminal Background Check Service >>
This application is for those applying to the 2016 entering class.
Transmission of 2016 Application data to Medical Schools Began
Early Decision Program AMCAS Application Deadline
University of Michigan Medical School AMCAS Application Deadline
This application is for those applying to the 2015 entering class.
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. (ET)
Closed: Wednesday, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. (ET)
Closed Wednesday, July 8,
2 p.m.-5 p.m. (ET)