Connect with AMCAS
Getting Into Medical School
The AAMC is here to help you navigate the journey from pre-med through residency and beyond—with reliable, trusted resources and services.
MCAT Exam Policies for U.S. and Canadian Medical Schools
View MCAT® Exam policies to see which exam(s) medical schools will accept for the 2016, 2017 and 2018 application cycles.
Need to understand a specific section of the application?
- 2016 AMCAS Instruction Manual
The Instruction Manual thoroughly outlines the application and is required reading for all applicants.
- AMCAS Quick Start Guide
The Quick Start Guide is for those more familiar with the AMCAS application process.
- AMCAS Application Tips
- AMCAS Grade Conversion Guide
- AMCAS Course Classification Guide
These video tutorials demonstrate how to enter letters of evaluation or certain types of coursework.
- The 2015 AMCAS Overview
- How to Enter Basic Coursework
- How to Enter AP Coursework
- How to Enter Current/Future Coursework
- How to Enter Study Abroad Coursework
- How to Enter Military Coursework - updated tutorial coming soon!
- How to Add Letter of Evaluation Entries and Assign Them to Medical Schools
- How to Match a Letter to Your Application
AMCAS Letter Service
AMCAS accepts letters of evaluation and distributes them to participating medical schools electronically.
Learn more about sending your letters of evaluation to AMCAS >>
Criminal Background Check Service
AAMC-facilitated background checks are run on all accepted applicants for participating medical schools.
Learn more about the Criminal Background Check Service >>
This application is for those applying to the 2015 entering class. The 2016 AMCAS application will open May 5.
Fee Assistance Program application opens
2016 AMCAS application opens
2016 AMCAS application opens for submission
This application is for those applying to the 2014 entering class.
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. (EST)
Closed: Wednesday, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. (EST)