AAMC Pre-health Advisor Support
Pre-Med Event Request
Request a speaker or materials from AAMC Pre-Med.
AMCAS® Resources for Pre-health Advisors
The following tools are for you and your advisees to use throughout the American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®) application process. Take advantage of our resource suite, which includes video tutorials, reference guides, manuals, and presentations to help you advise your students on how to successfully apply to medical school.
AMCAS Presentations for Advisors
AMCAS Presentations to Use with Students
Updated for the 2016 AMCAS application, this PowerPoint presentation is available for Pre-health Advisors to share with their students.
Need to understand a specific section of the application?
- 2016 AMCAS Instruction Manual
The Instruction Manual thoroughly outlines the application and is required reading for all applicants.
- AMCAS Quick Start Guide
The Quick Start Guide is for those more familiar with the AMCAS application process.
- AMCAS Application Tips
- AMCAS Grade Conversion Guide
- AMCAS Course Classification Guide
- Mission Fit: Applying to the Right Medical Schools for You - Webinar Recording
- AMCAS Overview Video Series
- How to Enter Basic Coursework
- How to Enter AP Coursework
- How to Enter Current/Future Coursework
- How to Enter Study Abroad Coursework - updated tutorial coming soon!
- How to Enter Military Coursework - updated tutorial coming soon!
- How to Add Letter of Evaluation Entries and Assign Them to Medical Schools
- How to Match a Letter to Your Application
AMCAS Letter Service
AMCAS accepts letters of evaluation and distributes them to participating medical schools electronically.
Learn more about sending your letters of evaluation to AMCAS >>
Criminal Background Check Service
AAMC-facilitated background checks are run on all accepted applicants for participating medical schools.
Learn more about the Criminal Background Check Service >>
Create your own "dummy" account to see exactly what your students see.
More AMCAS Resources
- AMCAS Letter Service
- AMCAS for Registrars: eTranscripts
- How to Apply with AMCAS
- Admission Action Codes
- AMCAS for Applicants Home