Summer Medical and Dental Education Program (SMDEP)
Public Health Pathways
Find public health training opportunities across the medical education continuum.
Aspiring Docs Banners
Share Aspiring Docs resources with your students. Add our banners to your website!
AMCAS® Resources for Pre-health Advisors
The following tools are for you and your advisees to use throughout the American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®) application process. Take advantage of our resource suite, which includes video tutorials, reference guides, manuals, and presentations to help you advise your students on how to successfully apply to medical school.
AMCAS Presentations for Advisors
AMCAS Presentations to Use with Students
Updated for the 2015 AMCAS application, this PowerPoint presentation is available for Pre-health Advisors to share with their students.
Use our collection of AMCAS Reference to help you complete your AMCAS application.
Need to understand a specific section of the application?
- 2015 AMCAS Instruction Manual - This document thoroughly outlines the application. The Instruction Manual is required reading for all AMCAS applicants.
- AMCAS Quick Start Guide - The Quick Start Guide is for those more familiar with the AMCAS application process.
Not quite sure how to complete certain sections of the AMCAS application? Watch our video tutorials for detailed instructions!
- The 2015 AMCAS Overview
- How to Enter Basic Coursework
- How to Enter AP Coursework
- How to Enter Current/Future Coursework
- How to Enter Study Abroad Coursework
- How to Enter Military Coursework - updated tutorial coming soon!
- How to Add Letter of Evaluation Entries and Assign Them to Medical Schools
- How to Match a Letter to Your Application
Learn about other AAMC resources, including:
- 2014 AMCAS Instruction Manual
- Medical School Admissions Requirements (MSAR)
- Guidelines for Clinical Shadowing Experiences
Additional AMCAS Services
Here are a few services you should know about when completing your AMCAS application.
- Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants
- Application and Acceptance Protocols for Admission Officers
- Policies and Procedures for Investigating Reported Violations of Admission and Enrollment Standards
- AAMC Policies Regarding the Collection, Use, and Dissemination of Medical Student and Applicant Data
Falsification, omission, or discrepancy in application materials, including incomplete or invalid financial transactions, as well as any irregular behavior during the administration of the MCAT, will be investigated in accordance with AAMC Policies.
Create your own "dummy" account to see exactly what your students see.
More AMCAS Resources
- AMCAS Letter Service
- AMCAS for Registrars: eTranscripts
- How to Apply with AMCAS
- Admission Action Codes
- AMCAS for Applicants Home
- FAQ for Applicants
Connect with AMCAS
Contact the AAMC
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. (ET)
Closed: Friday, February, 27, 11-12 p.m. (ET)