The resources on this page provide insights and analytics about the MCAT exam for admissions officers. If you have any questions, please email us at MCATAdmissions@aamc.org.
MCAT Admissions Insights
MCAT Admissions Insights delivers evidence-based insights, resources, and tools to help you use MCAT scores in ways that align with your school’s missions and contexts.
Admissions Officers' Survey Data Snapshot Series: October-November 2021
This series highlights key results and takeaways from the 2021 MCAT Admissions Officers Survey.
- Common Ground: Medical schools care about diversity, and each focuses on aspects connected to their mission and context
- Meeting students where they are: Many schools are interested in the larger context of educational opportunities — where applicants learned and lived — when interpreting academic metrics
- Driving inclusive excellence: Why it’s important for schools to set high expectations and be fully committed to every student’s success
- Admissions is not enough: Investing in and building a community of support for students is key to driving inclusive excellence
- Bottom line: Schools are interested in leveraging all available data to admit and support students within their context
MCAT Meeting Presentations
Learn Serve Lead 2021: MCAT Validity Committee Session
At Learn Serve Lead 2021: The Virtual Experience, members of the MCAT Validity Committee brought findings from the 2021 MCAT Admissions Officers Survey to life with promising practices at their schools. Watch a recording of the session entitled Admitting Diverse Classes: Strategies, Barriers, and Possibilities for Using MCAT Scores in Context or download the slide deck.
Learn Serve Lead 2019: MCAT Validity Committee Session
Download the slide deck from the MCAT session entitled How Admissions Officers Use MCAT Predictive Validity Findings in Student Selection presented during Learn Serve Lead 2019 in Phoenix, Arizona.
2019 Group on Student Affairs (GSA) Meeting: MCAT Session
Download the slide deck from the MCAT session presented at the 2019 regional Western GSA in Reno, NV, the regional Northeast GSA in Boston, MA, and the regional joint Central/Southern GSA in Louisville, KY. In this presentation, MCAT staff presented information on how admissions officers are working with MCAT scores, how well MCAT scores and undergraduate GPA predict student performance in medical school, data on 2016-2018 test takers, and how examinees are preparing for the exam and the resources we have to help address some of the common challenges all examinees experience when preparing.
Admissions in the Time of COVID-19 Newsletter
This series provided updates and information about the admissions process during first year of the COVID-19 pandemic. Access archives of the Admissions in the Time of COVID-19 Newsletter (log-in required).