FIRST for Pre-health Advisors
Resources for staff who advise aspiring medical students
FIRST Print Publications
- AAMC Monthly Payment Estimator for Medical School Borrowers - Not available to order
This chart displays repayment plan options, monthly payments, and the total interest paid for each plan based on a range of debt amounts. (Included in the Education Debt Manager)
- Loan Repayment Timeline - Not available to order
Illustrates use of deferments, forbearance, and repayment options for multiple loans. (Included in the Education Debt Manager)
- Medical Student Education: Debt, Costs, and Loan Repayment Facts (Cards will be shipped in packs of 20)
- 2015 Education Debt Manager for Graduating Medical School Students
This brochure provides step-by-step, common-sense strategies for managing student loan debt.
- 2014 Education Debt Manager for Entering Medical School Students
This booklet provides common-sense strategies for managing student loan debt and meets entrance counseling requirements as outlined by federal regulations.
- Medloans® Postcard
A postcard describing the Medloans Organizer and Calculator (MLOC).
These brochures are compiled of four most popular fact sheets designed to provide targeted information on financial aid related issues to graduating students and on credit matters.
The Economics of Becoming a Doctor
Videos explaining medical school financing and repayment strategies during residency.
Gain Real-life Financial Skills
Get practical information on budgeting, money management, credit, debt management, and more!
Physician Education Debt and the Cost to Attend Medical School
This February 2013 report outlines trends in education debt and the cost to attend medical school.