Member Benefits - Group on Institutional Advancement
Professional Development Opportunities
- Opportunity to attend AAMC’s professional development Conferences throughout the year, including two conferences particularly designed for advancement professionals:
- The AAMC National Professional Development Conference (NPDC) for Institutional Advancement, held each spring, provides nuts-and-bolts tactics and strategies related to the five disciplines in institutional advancement. GIA members receive a discount on registration fees.
- Learn, Serve, Lead: The AAMC Annual Meeting, held each fall, offers a national conversation on the future of health care, bringing together future and current leaders within academic medicine.
- Webinars led by industry experts focused on the latest institutional advancement trends, issues, and best-practices.
- National platform to showcase your institution’s best programming, projects, and publications in the "Awards for Excellence" competition.
Exclusive Access to Data and AAMC-Developed Resources
- Complimentary access to AAMC member-institution collected data including the AAMC Development Survey Data (comparing institutions' development program benchmarks such as staff size, organization structure, budget, and revenue raised), Results of Medical School Enrollment Surveys, State Physician Workforce Data Book, and more.
- Discounted prices on AAMC publications providing extensive data and analysis in all areas of unique concern to academic medicine, including faculty salary data, the Medical School Mission Management Tool, and other research reports and benchmarking data.
Networking and Staying Connected
- Private listservs for each GIA discipline that provide an opportunity to network, post queries, and share best-practices with peers at other institutions.
- Ready access to expertise, policy resources, and critical information via multiple AAMC communication channels:
- Monthly GIA e-newsletter
- Washington Highlights, a weekly summary of the major legislative and regulatory issues of importance to medical schools and teaching hospitals.
- AAMCNews, the AAMC’s weekly news update, which covers the latest and most significant developments and innovations in academic medicine
- Access to the private online GIA membership directory, a valuable networking tool for searching the GIA membership by region, institution, and discipline and for directly contacting colleagues around the country.
- Access to member colleagues through the AAMC Group on Institutional Advancement private community on LinkedIn.