Register now for the 2021 Virtual GEA Joint Regional Conference!
April 20 - 22
Innovations in Equity, Diversity, Justice, and Inclusion Across the Medical Education Spectrum
The Group on Educational Affairs (GEA) is convening virtually this year. For the first time, the four GEA regions (CGEA, NEGEA, SGEA, and WGEA) will meet jointly. This conference will focus on the theme of equity, diversity, justice, and inclusion across medical education along with other innovations, scholarship, and research advancing the field of medical education.
Your regional planning committees have worked hard to put together a program that represents the great work GEA members are doing to further medical education. The program also includes additional sessions showcasing national initiatives of the GEA. This year's conference will present:
- Two plenary sessions presented by:
- Interactive, skill-building workshops
- Research and innovation oral abstract presentations
- National GEA-sponsored sessions
- Poster presentations
- Networking opportunities
A note about the program
The program this year strives to maximize available space for presentation and balance that space among all for regions. To accommodate this, sessions will start as early as 8:00 am ET and as late as 8:15 pm ET.
- Attendees are not expected to attend sessions at every time offered.
- Plenaries, national GEA sessions, and networking opportunities have been placed on the program during times that will be accessible to most registrants.
- Regionally hosted sessions have been placed on the schedule at times that are reflected of the time zones encompassed by each region.
- All sessions are open to all attendees. Attendees are free to attend sessions hosted by their region and sessions hosted by any region.
Who should attend
All are welcome to attend! Anyone who works in or has interest in the field of medical education across the continuum, including:
- Health Professions Educators
- Students (Learner rate available)
- Residents and Fellows (Learner rate available)
- Graduate Students (Learner rate available)
- Anyone interested in medical education