This custom report illustrates step by step how your hospital's performance on individual Medicare quality measures is transformed into payment adjustments, including Hospital Readmission Reduction Program (HRRP), Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (HVBP), and Hospital-Acquired Conditions Reduction Program (HACRP).
The reports are generated annually in the beginning of the calendar year.
COTH members can use this report to:
- Understand performance on Medicare's quality programs and its impact on your institutions's bottom line
- Understand how performance on quality measures is converted to a payment adjustment
- Maximize the return on quality improvement efforts
The tutorials show you how to use the report to achieve each of these objectives.
Understanding my performance on Medicare's quality programs and its impact on my bottom line
- Did I gain or lose money on each of the three quality programs?
- How does my performance compare to other hospitals and other teaching hospitals?
- How do I know where I’m losing or gaining money in the program?
- Has my performance improved over time?
- I would like to reach out to some hospitals that are doing well in the programs. Who are the best performers?
- I’m confused by all the acronyms. What do they mean?
Understanding how performance on quality measures is converted to a payment adjustment
- How does the methodology work and how is each program different?
Maximizing the return on my quality improvement efforts
- Where can I get the biggest return on quality improvement?
For more information about this report, contact Brooke Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.