Season 2, Episode 5
We’ve known for a long time that systemic racism influences the social determinants of health — affecting, quite literally, who in this country survives and who suffers. People who live in poorer neighborhoods often receive lower quality and less care from health care providers. And long-standing discrimination against all marginalized communities has created dramatic health inequities. David J. Skorton, MD, looks back at some of the conversations we had about these very difficult and persistent issues this past season on “Beyond the White Coat.”
The podcast is also available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you regularly stream podcasts.
Episode Guests (full bios are available on episode pages):
- Lonnie G. Bunch III, Season 2, Episode 1 guest
- David A. Acosta, MD, Season 2, Episode 2 guest
- Max Jordan Nguemeni Tiako, Season 2, Episode 3 guest
- Laura Guidry-Grimes, PhD; Brian Gittens, EdD; Carol Major, MD; and Charles Vega, MD, Season 2, Episode 4 guests
- Narrated by David J. Skorton, MD, AAMC president and CEO.
- Produced by Stephanie Weiner, AAMC director of digital strategy and engagement.
- Recorded and edited by Laura Zelaya, AAMC production manager.
- With special contributions from Michelle Zajac, AAMC digital copy editor; Sholape Oriola, AAMC video specialist; and Kristin Zipay, AAMC executive communications lead writer.