Explore by Topic
Explore by Level
Mid-Career Minority Faculty Leadership Seminar
The Mid-Career Minority Faculty Leadership Seminar (Mid-Career MinFac) will address the specific needs of mid-career faculty from a culturally responsive approach while offering skill building and strategies for pursuing career advancement in academic medicine. This professional development seminar provides networking opportunities, small group executive coaching sessions, CV review for career development planning, as well as observational learning opportunities where participants will be matched with a senior faculty member outside of their institution.
This Seminar will be delivered through a blended learning model that consists of: virtual learning sessions/webinars; a “brick and mortar” two and a half-day in-person meeting; post-seminar activities (optional observational learning opportunities).
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals at the associate professor level who aspire to leadership positions in academic medicine.
June 15-17, 2017
AAMC Learning Center
Application & Registration
To apply or for more information, click here.
At the completion of the sessions, you will be able to:
- Assess professional development goals and identify strategies and tools for promotion and tenure
- Develop key professional competencies in academic leadership
- Enhance leadership skills in the areas of communication, team building, change management and work/life balance
- Expand your network of colleagues and sponsors
Questions? Email Tai Conley
GSA Professional Development Initiative (PDI)
The AAMC GSA Professional Development Initiative promotes growth and leadership development across the GSA community. Engage and empower yourself to realize your potential and achieve a fulfilling career in student affairs.