Looking for Member-only Content?
Sign in here to update your member information.
AAMC Mailing Lists
AAMC mailing lists are available for sharing valuable information and resources with our member institutions and constituents.
Women in U.S. Academic Medicine Statistics and Medical School Benchmarking, 2008-2009
The continued publication of this report underscores the commitment of the AAMC to support the entire spectrum of activities conducted by our member institutions. The 26th annual survey continues to examine women representation in accredited U.S. medical schools. Data are collected through the efforts of representatives of GWIMS and Faculty Roster.
For the 2008-09 survey, Women Liaison Officers and Faculty Roster Representatives from 130 accredited medical schools were asked to verify and provide data on faculty rank, leadership positions, new hires, promotion, tenure status, and departures. The AAMC received responses from 120 of these schools, representing a 92 percent response rate.
Tables 1-11 report percentages of men and women in the pipeline of students and residents, examine gender differences in areas of faculty hire and promotion, and provide breakouts of the representation of men and women in leadership positions.
Read the 2008-2009 Report
2008-2009 Data Tables
Jennifer Leadley, Senior Professional Development Specialist, Organizational Leadership Development
- Jessica Andrade, Lead Associate Specialist, Organizational Leadership Development
- Colleen Bongiovanni, Lead Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Warehouse and Decision Support Services
- Kevin Grigsby, D.S.W., Senior Director, Organizational Leadership Development
- Jonathan Lang, Senior Database Specialist, Medical School and Faculty Studies
- Tai Pham, Faculty Database Specialist, Medical School and Faculty Studies
- Rae Purcell, Faculty Database Specialist, Medical School and Faculty Studies
Please email any questions about the Survey to firstname.lastname@example.org