Looking for Member-only Content?
Sign in here to update your member information.
AAMC Mailing Lists
AAMC mailing lists are available for sharing valuable information and resources with our member institutions and constituents.
Medical Education Scholarship Research and Evaluation (MESRE) Section
The mission of the Section for Medical Education Scholarship Research and Evaluation (MESRE) is to enhance the quality of research in medical education and to promote its application to educational practice.
The goal of the Section is to continuously improve the conduct of medical education research by:
- Continuing scholarship and application of new knowledge;
- Improving the quality of training in medical education research and fostering the continued development of researchers;
- Facilitating collaboration among individuals representing a broad range of disciplines who contribute to scholarship in medical education;
- Through the annual RIME Conference, facilitate the exchange of research findings, disseminate the results of this research, and encourage their application to educational practice.
GEA National Grant Award
The Group on Educational Affairs is now accepting research proposals that foster collaborations among the GEA sections (UGME, GME, CEI and MESRE) and/or regions (CGEA, NEGEA, SGEA and WGEA) as well as schools, professions, and/or departments within an institution.
Research proposals on the following topics are encouraged but not required to receive funding:
- Inter-professional education.
- Innovations in faculty development
- Professional identify formation
- Student / resident wellbeing, mistreatment; issues relating to the learning environment
- Self-directed learning
- Curricular innovations, such as competency-based education, “entrustable professional activities,” milestones, and creative approaches to delivery of education
Application and Submission Process
The application process will involve two steps—pre-proposal and full proposal. A limited number of pre-proposals will be invited for full proposal submission.
- Pre-proposals due February 27, 2017
- Pre-proposal decisions anticipated by April 3, 2017
- Full proposals due May 5, 201
- Full proposal decisions anticipated June 5, 2017
Grant Proposal Guidelines
Grant Proposal Template
MESRE News and Updates
This March 2016 update to the Annotated Bibliography of Journals for Educational Scholarship was coordinated by the NEGEA in collaboration with members from CGEA, SGEA and WGEA.
First published by the GEA in the September, 2001 Issue of "Academic Medicine", a series of articles that together make up a guide for reviewers
The GEA Section Listserves may be used to exchange information about the activities of the GEA, professional development conferences, regional meetings, special interest groups, and the activities of the AAMC.
To post to and receive messages from these listserves, subscribe by email@example.com